Long time no hear!!!

Hangman7

Car
7 live axle 300Bhp
Hello to all you petrol drinkers!!!!
I've been attached for some time and never spoken. I have a few toys ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other including two wheels. The car which started my passion is a self built 1988 live axial caterham, which is still in my collection and has had plenty of steroids over the years.
  1. 1988 live axial caterham 600+bhp/per ton
  2. 1929 4.5 litre Le Man VDP Bentley
  3. 2008 V8 Range Rover Vogue
  4. 916 Ducati
  5. Carbon Black Diavel Ducati
  6. V-Max
I like anything with a piston!! and hope i can contribute my useless knowledge some times.:woot:

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm official welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending more time with us over the months to come.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Hi and welcome.

Particuarly interested in the 1929 Bentley. My wife's grandfather worked on the 'Bentley Boys' cars and we have a painting by one of them, SCH 'Sammy' Davis.

The car is an original 4.5 litre matching No. Bentley commissioned and built for a World War One fighter pilot who married the daughter of the mc alpine family. He built stow Marie's aerodrome which is the only WW1 aerodrome still open.
The car is now completely restored in the Le mans style as they would have raced.
Reg UU6794

My wife's grandfather worked on the 'Bentley Boys' cars and we have a painting by one of them, SCH 'Sammy' Davis.

I was watching a programme about Bentley on Quest TV on the Sky box, it was presented by that guy from the AC/DC rock band called Brian Johnson. Never heard of the "Bentley Boys" before, they seemed to enjoy practically a superhero status back in the day.

Brian has the same car as me, his is called thunder guts!
They are unique cars to drive, the experience is you feel like your driving history for everyone to see. They have the smile factor!!!

I was watching a programme about Bentley on Quest TV on the Sky box, it was presented by that guy from the AC/DC rock band called Brian Johnson. Never heard of the "Bentley Boys" before, they seemed to enjoy practically a superhero status back in the day.

Brian. Johnson was on Top Gear while back with his Thunder Guts Bentley. Uses it to "pop down the shops like" apparently

Good man |B
I used to do similar thing with the Porsche and GTR clubs. Blag free use of an airfield and the like then invited local children's homes, hospitals etc for a 'thrill' ride. Small thing to us but their faces and warmth was humbling to witness. Have to find some old pics and post up. Miss being able to participate in those events. Not many takers for a thrill ride in a diesel Golf, even a fairly quick one

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back