locking system

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
Hi, not sure if ive put this thread in the right place so im sorry if its not!!

Ive been to the scrap yard today and taken out the drivers and passanger locks ( all of the unit thats attached to the lock part all the way down to the side of the door) jist wondering if I change mine will the alarm still work when I turn the key if its got a whole new mechanism in??

The remote has never worked since I had the car, so always just done it the old fashioned way of putting the key in!!

Altho this may be another daft question, but if I now have the new locks and the keys that go with it, would the remote work on the new keys with the new lock or is that totally wired up to the original key?

Sorry maybe a daft question, but I am a woman haha and dont think ive done too bad so far haha

Sorry maybe a daft question, but I am a woman haha and dont think ive done too bad so far haha

Never concern yourself with asking a question on this site and thinking it's daft. We are all gentlemen here and look forward to helping a damsel in distress; in fact I admire you for your efforts to date :)

Thanks T9 man ive been coming on here for a few year now, as ive had help that has saved me a fortune in going to the garages that think women are easily gullible! ! I dont mind getting my hands dirty myself if I can do the job!! My dad made me change a wheel before I ever got to drive a car so I wouldnt be a useless woman stuck at the side of a road with a flat tyre haha!! Ive changed a total back window system myself, done oil changes, changed brakes and disks, changed many a wheel for my friends, jumpstarted strangers that have been stuck in the road haha, removed and replaced full interior seating in my car! And a few other jobs :) So im not affraid of getting stuck in!! But I love coming here because no matter how daft the question may seem to me, the guys on here always have great advice and information even for the most novice of people (like myself) :) and I thank all those that have helped me out in the past and also the next daft question I may come back for :)

I would be so bold as to suggest that your list of jobs tackled would put a few of the male members on here to shame :)

Agree with OG, that's a good list male or female. I have a little girl, only 8 now but when the time comes I'll be teaching her how to do basic stuff like changing a wheel and checking oil/water and the like, and if she wants to know more we'll do that too.

Thanks guys!!! I changed the headlights yesterday, just waiting for it to stop raining on my day off to tackle the locks! I know it means ill have to have 2 separate keys for my car but it never lets me down so I keep rectifying the odd job so it keeps me going longer :)