lloking for a turbo for small engines

i'm looking for a turbo for small engines. a turbo that can handle a 1.3 engine with carbureator. the engine is fiat made, so probably it'll be the best if the turbo comes from abarth, but everything that is usefull, i'd like to hear what u've got.

Re: looking for a turbo for small engines

How about two small turbos from a smart 700cc Suprex engine? Mine (in my old smart) ran at 18/20psi approx.

have you thought about a supercharger instead ?
I've got an idea how to connect a turbo with the engine belt, somehow like the vauxhall monaro vxr 500, but dunno exactly how about a super charger? if there's any scheme about a supercharger, i'd be thankfull to you if you send me that.

Re: looking for a turbo for small engines

How about two small turbos from a smart 700cc Suprex engine? Mine (in my old smart) ran at 18/20psi approx.
good idea, never thought of them, i don't like smart, but i think the smart roadster has a turbo.... or doesn't it?

I've got an idea how to connect a turbo with the engine belt, somehow like the vauxhall monaro vxr 500, but dunno exactly how about a super charger? if there's any scheme about a supercharger, i'd be thankfull to you if you send me that.

vxr 500 uses a supercharger.

superchargers run off a belt driven from the engine.
turbo (super)chargers are run off exhaust gases.

Sorry bit of an edit.

good idea, never thought of them, i don't like smart, but i think the smart roadster has a turbo.... or doesn't it?

Essentially their the same 700cc engine, with small exceptions, the roadster engine has, A (slightly) larger turbo than the coupe & runs a water/oil cooler, different cams & slightly dumpier pistons & a couple of other bits.

A quick search on google (1300 turbo) threw these up.

Rover metro 1300 turbo
Diahatsu YRV 1300 turbo
Toyota starlet Glanza 1300 turbo

Last edited:
well the idea is they want to phase out the 1.4. the 1.2 gives around same power more torque and better economy than the 1.4 it replaces.
yea, today i was at a junkyard seeking for some stuff, they sell them there in kilogrames, very cheap, and i found some nice things, like a gearbox with 6 gears, some nice rims (which i could get them for 5 euros with tyres) and other things, but the turbo is hard to find, especially when on junkyards all vehicles with turbos are diesel vans......

you might srtuggle to find the turbo clio then as its only a few years old

actually i'm looking just for the turbo, and i'm low on budget, so i'm seeking something cheap, and cars like that cost here......
i'm done my car nearly all with parts thatbeen thrown away, nice way to save the nature i guess, but it's not hard, i mean if that can be usefull, fix it and use it, they can be very good and usefull if you fix them right.

no what i meant was you might struggle to find the clio in a scrappy as they are only a few years old,think they only came out beginning of 2007. there might not be many, if any, in scrap yards yet

There is also the Diahatsu Charade GTti which had a 1.0 turbo engine and ran to 60 in around 7 seconds :)

eaton M45 off a mini cooper s??

always a few on fleabay, go for normally under 200 pound

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back