Little things that tell you that you are obsessed with something.

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
As some of you may be aware, I have been building an Elan for some years. During that time I have become very interested in losing weight (from the car) in order to go faster. This started out as a bit of fun but quickly turned into a mission.

I have now realised that I am constantly thinking about weight reduction even when not actually working on the car. This was brought home to me today and I had to chuckle. I am boxing in pipes and wires in the conservatory and caught myself thinking about how many screws I could get away with without losing strength in the joints :)

I won't ask you to cut me a slice of cake then!

It is funny how we get obsessed! I think everyone notices and thinks about different things and has different priorities. The more we learn about others the more we learn about ourselves.

As a web designer I'm into fonts and styles and I have even refused to go into a restaurant because of the font they used on the menu (it was Papyrus font if you are interested)

We also get a local parish newsletter and the layout is the most appalling thing I've ever had the misfortune to witness. Everything must go across the page and be in a brightly coloured box of random dimensions!

Oh, yes, everyone thinks they are a graphic designer and layout expert. Most haven't a clue. I design layouts as I take photographs or make stuff, using KISS as my guiding light along with less is more.

And as for people who type in CAPITALS with no paragraphs.....I can't be bothered to read anything written like this as it is hard work.

With thousands of fonts out there, why does this one have a Marmite flavour?

Funny you should say that - my car is just before the BlueEfficiency models came out, and part of the reduction in emissions was down to weight reduction so that's got me wondering too.

Funny you should say that - my car is just before the BlueEfficiency models came out, and part of the reduction in emissions was down to weight reduction so that's got me wondering too.

Wondering about what?