90Duchess

Car
1990 Lexus LS400
Hi everyone! This is my very first post and I just wanted to say hello to all the members here and introduce myself!

I'm a mechanical engineer whose greatest hobby and passion is vehicle restoration and perfection. I know I will always have more to learn on my quest, and love collaborating with like-minded people on topics ranging from basic maintenance to perfecting vehicles far beyond their design where possible. I enjoy speculating on engineering possibilities, designing, and creating solutions to simple and complex mechanical applications.

I have owned many vehicles over the years, foreign and domestic, but for the past 17 years I've focused on Lexus LS400's and LS430's. I consider myself fairly adept, and offer my assistance to everyone, regardless of vehicle make and model. I have access to a suite of specialty tools and diagnostic equipment, as well as several factory service manuals.

If you have a quirky, elusive, confounding problem with your car that's driving you nuts, I'd love to hear about it! Chances are I, or one of my engineering buddies will have the answer or be able to point you in the right direction. I'm part of a small group of engineering enthusiasts who love to learn, collaborate, create, and freely share their knowledge to others so I'll do my best to assist where I can and hopefully exchange modification ideas, too!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

~Michael

Pursuit of Perfection Where Lexus Left Off

Great to have you here as I'm sure your expertise will come in handy to quite a few of the members.|B

PS we have a couple of perfectionists members here that come quickly to mind but I will refrain from naming them.;)

Last edited:
Really nice to have you along, I'm sure you'll fit in really well on here. I look forward to picking your brains and comparing notes with you.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It's been a miserable week here in Missouri with snow and ice so I've had some down-time to brainstorm my latest idea. I have several completed projects with pictures I will be posting in due course for you all, so please be patient and keep a look out! Hopefully they will help others as they have proven to help me.

Based on the ingenious design and diligence of the guys and gals at journeytoforeve [link removed as per our T&C's], my friends and I are attempting to adapt their design toward a totally passive water or alcohol/water vapor injection system that will be universally applicable to (hopefully) any EFI gasoline engine. Our estimate for supplies and initial start-up costs will be approximately $5.

While their design uses an electric pump, we hope to adapt a custom-designed, in-line regulator valve injection system (that anyone can easily duplicate) using nothing more than engine vacuum thereby streamlining design, minimizing cost of ownership, maximizing durability, fuel economy, performance, engine health and longevity.

Like my other performance projects, this will be an academic/philanthropic exercise to be shared freely to everyone so your input will be most welcome! If you have an idea that might help or see a flaw in our design, calculations, or methodology, please speak up! I'll start a new thread in the next few days, appropriately titled, and upload it with our theory and design thus far so we can all get to work! Thank you all again for the warm welcome!

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back