LED bulbs in the fogs

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
Did this a couple of weeks back.

The car has convenience lighting that shines the sides and fogs for a minute when you unlock/stop the car at night.

I'd done the sides with LEDs ages ago and the fogs were looking yellowish in comparison.

So I bought H11 80w leds and resistors and swapped them out.

Took off the wheel to give me room, then removing 4 trim poppers and a self-tapping screw let me pull the wheel arch liner back enough to get to the bulbs.

Attached are pics of one done, with the other to compare. Both done. Night-time view of convenience lighting.

Attachments

• fogcompare.jpg
    fogcompare.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 7
  • fogdoneboth.jpg
    fogdoneboth.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 7
  • fognight.jpg
    fognight.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 6
Hey TK.
I've got A4 b7 & put HIDs in the headlights, I am really happy with the colour the projection, so I have bought a set for my main beam.....These are in units that are not designed for HIDs.....as a result the main beam-I'm not too happy with.
As they project-it's a circle shape and doesn't seem to project a light that 'floods' the area, not like I was expecting.
Do you know from this description whether this is what I'm expected to get or would you from your experience say that I've not positioned the bulbs correctly. I have as far as I can tell sat the bulbs with the return bar to the bottom as the rear of the lenses has a cut-away part for the bar to sit in. Can you help shed some light on this? (No pun intended)!
Regards
Lockstock

^^ I would suggest that you make sure the lamps are seated properly in the carrier, then I would pop along to a garage/MOT centre and have the light units realigned so that the light is actually directed at the road; this should only cost you a few pounds or so to do.

Hello. Basically HIDs in none-projector lens housings that are not designed for them are never very good, I wouldn't bother. I have heard you can get adapters but to be honest for a main beam I would ditch the hids and put some osram nightbreaker or extreme bulbs in.

Hello. Basically HIDs in none-projector lens housings that are not designed for them are never very good, I wouldn't bother. I have heard you can get adapters but to be honest for a main beam I would ditch the hids and put some osram nightbreaker or extreme bulbs in.

You have a point there Guy, after all, how often do you use your Main beams except for a little dark country lane driving and to flash someone.