Learner drivers caught using test stand-ins

They will be a danger to everybody including themselves.

IMO there are some that should never drive as they lack situational awareness visual skills along with a nervous nature that is not compatible with high speed motorways and congested city traffic and hold up others at roundabouts and intersections and fail to accelerate briskly and merge like a zipper to the traffic flow.

I am comfortable and relaxed in the situations outlined above BUT would suck at mountain climbing as I would be a nervous Nelly and unsuited for that sport/pastime so what I am saying/suggesting is that driving is not for everybody and they should not participate. Hope that makes good sense ?

The examiners job is to apply the test standards fairly and that the examiners should themselves be unknowingly be tested periodically to ensure standards are being followed by all of them at all locations by say an undercover examiner.

I would welcome retesting say every 5/10 years to help ensure that drivers are aware of the current rules to help road saftey as I am a keen observer of my fellow motorists habits and dangerous manoeuvres etc and see so many bad habits/attitudes that in some cases are passed on to their children.

Unfortunately I don't see any politicians with the intestinal fortitude that would implement retesting any time soon.

Last edited:
The punishments for this crime should be severe both for the one cheating and the one helping the other to cheat.

How do you beat this problem though? Photo ID is already in use, but perhaps it's just not checked or verified at the time of the test.

Last edited:
I took 2 attempts to pass my test and I think I'm a better driver for the first failure. It made me stop and think and told me I wasn't the best driver in the world, a delusion that many young drivers have.

The punishments for this crime should be sever both for the one cheating and the one helping the other to cheat

IMO all involved should be banned for 2 years to get the message thru to those who would contemplate doing this.
Don't understand any do gooders and bleeding hearts that will say that's too harsh.

IMO all involved should be banned for 2 years to get the message thru to those who would contemplate doing this.
Don't understand any do gooders and bleeding hearts that will say that's too harsh.
Banned? If it's criminal offence (as opposed to a civil one) they should get prison time!

And in the linked BBC article they even mention someone getting 2 years for repeatedly doing it :)