Torque Cars

Land Rover 53 Suspension, Please Help !

Discussion in '4x4 Owners club (off roaders)' started by coop08, 25 October 2008.

1. coop08

coop08 Full member

Car:
    Citroen Saxo 1.1i
    Hello, my grandfather is a farmer, he has a 53 plate land rover and is complaining about the ride in it, he says it is far too ' rocky'.

From what he is explaining it sounds like the shocks arent operating properly, to cure this would it be best to get gas shocks ?

Can anyone show me a good website or let me know the best way to solve this.

Many Thanks, Ben Cooper.

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hi ben and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you along. The suspension on landys can be a bit "bouncy" this is down to the shocks so some uprated shocks would help. I can recommend overfinch who can turn a landrover into a really nice handling car.

3. Hansi

Hansi Track Warrior

Bifröst, Iceland
    Car:
    Getz GLS 1.6
    Well, we at the SAR unit here have 2 modified rovers and they shake a bit. If you want it to stop shaking than that can take a lot of work and money. The Rovers both have uprated suspension to take the 44" tires but it still doesn't ride completely smooth but there is allways a possibility to make it handle better.

4. coop08

coop08 Full member

Car:
    Citroen Saxo 1.1i
    he says that it is excessive bouncing, as though every rock in the road can be felt by the suspension, i have found a set of 4 gas shocks on eBay, for 120 gbp deliverd, is this worth the money and how much difference will it make?

5. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    Adjustable ones would be much better. Ive heard that hybrid gas and oil shocks are pretty good.

6. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Make sure they are specifically for your landrover model. Lots of cheap kits claim to fit a wide range of models but with engine weight differences this is just not possible.

See if you can get some Koni, Bilstein or Tein shocks for it - I rate these for quality.

7. pob1342

pob1342 New member

Thanet Kent
    Car:
    have they got mog axles or the body/suspension mounts adjusted?

8. Hansi

Hansi Track Warrior

Bifröst, Iceland
    Car:
    Getz GLS 1.6
    Well the whole undercarriage has been modified, with new stearing, suspention and the axles are modded so the wheels don't stick straight out from it but the axle looks kind of like an L at the ends.

9. joshtimber

joshtimber New member

Minneapolis
    Car:
    Kia Forte
    How much it costs to have completely new one?

10. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Is this a discovery?

11. kemo

kemo Torque Junkie

Northampton
    Car:
    Ford Sierra 2000E