knew I should'nt have got a Black 'un

jazzyblack

Car
jazz
Hi everyone....got a Black Honda Jazz and I work at a printers in Brum.
My problem is that the paper waste is sent straight to a compactor in the car park which sends millions of tiny (white) paper particles everywhere.
As you might guess with a black car it shows really bad and over time it has built up and "welded" itself to the car.
Tried all the usual Auto Glym products and i think they are just helping to make it worse by putting a watertight film over the paper.Even tar remover is no good.
Tried HOT water with washing liquid in and thats useless as well.
It needs something to break through the paper dust and get between it and the car....any ideas.
Thanks
keith

Wet paper will make a paper mache which is a pretty solid coating and will stick like glue. Suger soap as used to remove wall paper paste will be the thing to go for.

Then when it's all off you need to use a sealer like megiars NXT tech wax. There is no wax in this, just a thin polymer coating and this should help prevent the stuff adhering to the cars paint next time. It will need a reapplication of the Tech wax every 3
-6 months which is a bit of a pain.

Thanks for the great welcome and good suggestions.

Wet paper will make a paper mache which is a pretty solid coating and will stick like glue. Suger soap as used to remove wall paper paste will be the thing to go for.

Then when it's all off you need to use a sealer like megiars NXT tech wax. There is no wax in this, just a thin polymer coating and this should help prevent the stuff adhering to the cars paint next time. It will need a reapplication of the Tech wax every 3
-6 months which is a bit of a pain.

Yes you are right,paper does make a mess when wet.That sugar soap sounds a good idea.
Believe it or not hand wash or through the car wash never does it but a good spell of rain used to be very good.Had some decent rain for a few days but some of it is very stubborn.
Off to B&Q for that sugar Soap I think.
Cheers,
Keith

when you say youve tried the autogym tar remover its worthless. as lutonmatt has said try and get some tardis. or get some petrol and a shaded cool area and use it to remove the paper/glue if you dont have a autosmart dealer near you

i used tardis on a computer case that had some spraypaint overspray from another project. had been on for over 6 months and it took it off within minutes

you might find some of it comes off with claying

dont use a polisher until its off other wise you will remove it but it may stick to the pad causing more damage.