Just saying Hi and...........

Car
Hyundai Coupe
Hi guys and girls
I have just got my first project in 20 years, last one was an MG metro turbo to give you an idea of how long!

So, I have purchased an 03 Hyundai Coupe 1.6. Drove it once, loved it so bought it. Its only done 73k and everything is nice and tight but needs more power.

Where I need a little help is making the following decision

A: tune the hell out of the 1.6 (Air flow, exhaust, skim and port and fast rd cam, its already mapped and i have the facility to adjust.) then possibly add a small turbo

B: Transplant a 2.5 v6

In general what will be the overall best option considering cost, performance and irritation.

Thanks Guys
ps, im not to lazy to research, if we were talking Fords and Hondas I would be fine, i dont really want to go down the rabbit hole, i wont come back.

Hello and welcome.

A - adding a turbo is a big project. Huge.
B - will it physically fit?

Either option will be expensive, but you knew that, right? ;)

I only paid £1000 for the car so got a bit of budget, do i want a revvy 1.6 or a grunty v6. the v6 should fit as there is a standard model with a v6 so was thinking it shoud be somewhat "simple" ( know I will regret thinking that)

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Nice to have you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back