Torque Cars

Just how far can you incline an engine, Diesel?

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by Jomac, 24 January 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jomac

Jomac Newbie

Ipswich
    Car:
    Jaguar X Type 2.0L
    I'm thinking of doing a van conversion using the Jaguar X Type 2.0L Turbo Diesel engine. I want to incline the engine after adapting it to a dry sump and modifying the top end for oil return. My question is simply, how far can i incline the engine off the vertical, or how close to horizontal can i reposition an engine before i hit any issues. I am aware of oil feed and cooling issues, but is there anything else i should consider before starting?

2. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    As you mentioned head oil drain back to sump would be the governing factor IMO

Maybe you may look @ how Porsche and Subaru manage drain back.