Just bought a Cosworth

Re: Just bought another Cosworth :)

Thats a common problem OG the alternator wont charge without the light & so when it blows you dont know a very Cosworth idea :lol:.

For the peeps knocking the rwd Sapphire it handles far better than the 3 door & has non of the pufter 4X4 traits ;).

hey rod didnt realise your a member on here, im bluntys1rsturbo off passionford.

got alot of respect for you and your car you crazy swine :)

hey rod didnt realise your a member on here, im bluntys1rsturbo off passionford.

got alot of respect for you and your car you crazy swine :)

Looks like our Rod is the car modifiers version of Royalty
notworthy.gif

Thats a common problem OG the alternator wont charge without the light & so when it blows you dont know a very Cosworth idea :lol:.

For the peeps knocking the rwd Sapphire it handles far better than the 3 door & has non of the pufter 4X4 traits ;).

Hi Rod

When you know it is obvious, but it still seems daft.

4x4s are for those who can't handle RWD :)

OK, sunnyish today and early afternoon the sun had sort of dried the main road outside our house, so I thought that I had better check that the new (part worn) Toyo T1R rear tyre was up to scratch.

I know that 457bhp isn't that much these days, but bloody hell, when the T4 turbo kicks in it goes bonkers. Even with the Quaife ATB a fair amount of steering wheel action was required to keep it straight (road surface was probably not that dry).

Mind you, it was fun. Section of road is straight with fields both sides and national speed limit (60)

I am now trying to get my head around what MadRod's Sapphire must be like to drive with twice the power, or the Elan will be with 70bhp more and almost half the weight :) I think some darker underpants will be required.

Sounds like you are having too much fun in your retirement to me.

I am now trying to get my head around what MadRod's Sapphire must be like to drive with twice the power, or the Elan will be with 70bhp more and almost half the weight :) I think some darker underpants will be required.

This may help & yes he was balls out in all gears its what 700bhp does to 460bhp. I now have 850bhp.

Of course, this was not racing, as this is would be against the forum's policy and I would have to remove it :) I assume that you pulled out to overtake and the guy behind just tried to keep up, perfectly normal behaviour :)

On a completely different tack, Rod, I like the corner mill.

Of course, this was not racing, as this is would be against the forum's policy and I would have to remove it :) I assume that you pulled out to overtake and the guy behind just tried to keep up, perfectly normal behaviour :)

On a completely different tack, Rod, I like the corner mill.

The square hole mill is unreal very very clever.
Im sorry if i broke any rules if you like i can remove it. Your right just a normal overtake ;):bigsmile:.

love that vid rod it puts it into perspective of a quick car against a properly quick car :)

Its all relative. With 700bhp it feels slow compared to 900bhp.
The vid shows a test run with 900bhp anyone that knows Bruntingthorpe will know the first exit right is at about 1/2 mile. We reach 187mph & brake into the corner. The Data Log showed 170-180mph in 1.93 secs - now thats fast :lol::blink:. The run was aborted because of a slight misfire.

Low 13's sounds very respectable to me! If you make it into the 12's I will treat you to a huge all you can eat Full English Breakfast at the cafe of your choice! In the UK that is :)

OG can you put my FRS into your simulator? What do you need to know?

Displacement
Engine location (front, mid, rear)
BHP @ RPM
Lb/ft @ RPM
Compression ratio
Redline
Gearbox type (man or auto)
Ratios
Final drive ratio
Driving wheels
Kerb weight
Driver weight
Weight on front wheels
Wheelbase
Tyre section width
Wheel diameter
Tyre profile
Coefficient of drag
Frontal area
Overall height
Overall width
[FONT=&quot]Ground clearance[/FONT]

Displacement - 1988cc
Engine location (front, mid, rear) - Front
BHP @ RPM - 314.1 @ 5200
Lb/ft @ RPM - 330 @ 4900
Compression ratio - 8:1
Redline - 6500
Gearbox type (man or auto) - Man
Ratios -
1- 3.42
2- 2.05
3- 1.48
4- 1.11
5- 0.85
Final drive ratio - 3.56
Driving wheels - Front
Kerb weight - 1243kgs
Driver weight - 68kgs
Weight on front wheels - 824kgs
Wheelbase - 2615mm
Tyre section width - 225mm
Wheel diameter - 18"
Tyre profile - 45mm
Coefficient of drag - Stuck here?
Frontal area - Again, not sure? What to measure?
Overall height - 1440mm
Overall width - 1762mm
[FONT=&quot]Ground clearance - 100mm or near enough.[/FONT]

Displacement - 1988cc
Engine location (front, mid, rear) - Front
BHP @ RPM - 314.1 @ 5200
Lb/ft @ RPM - 330 @ 4900
Compression ratio - 8:1
Redline - 6500
Gearbox type (man or auto) - Man
Ratios -
1- 3.42
2- 2.05
3- 1.48
4- 1.11
5- 0.85
Final drive ratio - 3.56
Driving wheels - Front
Kerb weight - 1243kgs
Driver weight - 68kgs
Weight on front wheels - 824kgs
Wheelbase - 2615mm
Tyre section width - 225mm
Wheel diameter - 18"
Tyre profile - 45mm
Coefficient of drag - Stuck here?
Frontal area - Again, not sure? What to measure?
Overall height - 1440mm
Overall width - 1762mm
[FONT=&quot]Ground clearance - 100mm or near enough.[/FONT]

CoD - We will assume .35
Frontal area - The shape of the hole the car will just fit though (ignoring mirrors). or width times height will do at the speeds we are talking about :)

OK.

Bear in mind that there are many more variables:
Track temp
Weather conditions
Altitude
Tyre type
Launch RPM
Gear change RPM
Power graph shape
Gear change speed
etc, etc

Results......

0-60mph - 5.03
0-100 - 11.89
1/4 mile - 13.59/107mph (The 1/4 mile calc on this site reckons 12.91)
Top speed - 153mph

The right weather conditions, sticky tyres and track and a perfect launch and T9 could be buying you breakfast :)

I'm happy with that tbh as I said the car's not designed nor have I built it for straight line speed or I'd have just stuck a 35R on lol. Haha yeah I'll hold T9 to that, best get practising my launches!

Have had 150mph on the nat sav on private road before lifting off and I wouldn't say it had much more to give so 153mph sounds pretty close. Will be doing the MLR 30-130 day next year so I will be able to do a proper top speed run.

That said it should be running more than 314hp now!

I'm happy with that tbh as I said the car's not designed nor have I built it for straight line speed or I'd have just stuck a 35R on lol. Haha yeah I'll hold T9 to that, best get practising my launches!

Have had 150mph on the nat sav on private road before lifting off and I wouldn't say it had much more to give so 153mph sounds pretty close. Will be doing the MLR 30-130 day next year so I will be able to do a proper top speed run.

I will at the 30-130 day with the GTRoc on the saturday so might see you there

PS We should try to do some southern meets

That'd be awesome, will there be some R34 GTR's there? :D Don't think there was any last year from what I remember of the results table.

OK, roads are now too wet, so Sierra has just gone into the garage to be stripped. If was fun for a while but all good things come to an end :)

I will start stripping the car on Wednesday.

That'd be awesome, will there be some R34 GTR's there? :D Don't think there was any last year from what I remember of the results table.

An update

There are some really silly GTRs going this year and more than one should hit 200mph

Ive just found out this is the saturday which is MLR and GTRoc. I might stay over for the sunday

Ill go to that! :D Will get back from here latest by 14th Feb. Spend two weeks in Scotland, Then I'll go down Wales to see the family, then South Wales, get Cams installed, and then I can drive to Marham. I don't even need to worry about ID and stuff as I'm in the RAF!! :bigsmile:

MA, do you fancy running with this, maybe start a new thread and try and get some names down?

T9 - Do I get a full cooked english if I get below 13!! :lol:

MA, do you fancy running with this, maybe start a new thread and try and get some names down?

Tbh BBJ everyone needs to ring up and book individually regardless, and I need to get my act together and ring soon. Not sure exactly WHO it's open to obviously definately MLR members, GTRoc members and RSOC members but not sure about anyone else?

Ill go to that! :D Will get back from here latest by 14th Feb. Spend two weeks in Scotland, Then I'll go down Wales to see the family, then South Wales, get Cams installed, and then I can drive to Marham. I don't even need to worry about ID and stuff as I'm in the RAF!! :bigsmile:

T9 - Do I get a full cooked english if I get below 13!! :lol:

I don't see why not, we all need an incentive from time to time! :bigsmile:

OK, roads are now too wet, so Sierra has just gone into the garage to be stripped. If was fun for a while but all good things come to an end :)

I will start stripping the car on Wednesday.

Do you just sell the parts on eBay OG and do you get many enquires from the Cosworth club for your wares?

Tbh BBJ everyone needs to ring up and book individually regardless, and I need to get my act together and ring soon. Not sure exactly WHO it's open to obviously definately MLR members, GTRoc members and RSOC members but not sure about anyone else?

I got a MLR sticker on the back from the pvs owner :embarrest:

If you find out who to call/who is running with it, can you let me know please. This little meet ties in nicely with my going home plans. :amuse:

I don't get to meet new people down south very often. (hum in your head the deliverence tune for full affect of that sentence) :D

I don't get to meet new people down south very often. (hum in your head the deliverence tune for full affect of that sentence) :D

I actually know someone who plays the Banjo and he does it very well in fact!
I'll ask him to come along BBJ and set the scene for the group for when you arrive :lol: