Job in London car or train?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I have a job in central London this week, I was thinking of taking the car but...

High speed train, 1h20mins instead of 2h30 in the car assuming average traffic.
£16 each way ticket price off peak against Fuel costs/wear and tear and £40 in parking fees/charges if I took the car.

It's really a no brainer and I'm taking the train but it's hard to carry all your tools/equipment and materials on the train.

I'll let you know how I get on. What would you have done?

Sorry I am late to the party here, I would have driven and parked outside of the congestion zone then took the train for the final leg of the journey. Takes but a moment for some idiot to leave a bag behind on the station, then the whole thing grinds to a halt while the package is checked out. Most of the PPE you can wear to work anyway so that helps, also there is a good selection of tool rucksacks available (If you don't have one already Obi) that will take care of the carrying of essentials. I hope the journey went well, welcome to the Metropolis by the way, don't forget to get the passport stamped at the border ;)

Rucksack is a good idea, The case was a real pain on the stairs in the underground.

It all worked really well and I was in London within an hour. Job took a few days. The high speed train was really good and took us from our hometown to St Pancras very efficiently. It was nice being able to read an eat on the journey.

They didn't check my passport T9 - so perhaps I was lucky to sneak in. I'd have been red flagged otherwise and kicked out.