JFA - A8 3.7 V8 Viezu remapping

Marc07

Road Burner
Car
Audi A8 3.7 V8 40V
Hi everyone

This thread is to give you a bit more info and details about remap done to my engine.

As per your advice guys, I've decided to go for remap instead of having a chip.
The biggest point which changed my mind from chip to remap was that chips are not taking to consideration other hardware working together with the engine to create a perfect harmony ;)
And for me all my cars were and are very important and looking after them and getting the quality stuff was very important.

It is an 2006 Audi A8 3.7 petrol V8 40v in quattro
Power: 280BHP
Remap: Viezu, done by JFAutomotive in Kent (banner on the top of the website)
Company: simple: John, great guy, knows his stuff and offers one of the world leading remapping software by Viezu. Very friendly and straight forward. Great package with all the warranties and extras for your complete peace of mind.

First the ecu file was read and copied to pc and then send to Viezu rewriters.

After 1.5hour file was ready to put back on. Again no problems at all.
Another few minutes and car was ready for a test drive.

Let me tell you this, you can feel the difference straight away, especially with much sharper throttle.

New specs: min 302 BHP (will explain that in a minute)
+35Nm of Torque.

As the file is still learning after upload for about 200miles, the minimum power gained is 22BHP, it all depends from how healthy is your engine, mine is always looked after and service by Audi so I can feel the difference and I'm benefiting from the full potential.
Advice was to be hard on throttle for the first 150miles, but within the reasonable limits of course ;)
So as a reasonable guy ;) I set the suspension to dynamic, low and hard, gearbox to sport mode and switched to paddle gear shifters :):):) plus I decided to take the country and farm roads from Kent until I reach M25.
Woooow, car was seriously very sharp, very sharp .... and let me tell you, I felt sorry for this new ecu file, it was the hardest lesson in its life hitting 90-100 mph with a constant gear changes :):):)
When I passed M25 I did the same, but in a Drive mode instead of Sport and in a more calm manner due to traffic on a roads etc.
Fact is that 40miles costed me 50quid of Shell Vpower, but it was well worth it and I'm sure ''file'' appreciated that as well ;)

This morning 7am I went to see my mate in Watford and I switched to Drive and Comfort mode for first 50miles...and what a difference even in that ''family mode''. Before remapping it was very common to drive on the 6th gear with 40mph on the clock even when you push the accelerator down by 1/3rd.
Now it goes straight away to 5th and when yo press throttle a bit harder it goes down straight to 4thor 2nd-3rd when pressed down fully.
It never was like that.

And the most funny bit which I never was after or expected to get is an extra 2-3mpg visible straight from the beginning, superb.

Cost: 285.00GBP, in my opinion (but I'm not a super tunner) worth every penny. Even engine appreciate and feels like is enjoying it very much so if you know what I'm saying.

Now I am going to upgrade the Air Filter to cotton one from Green Filters plus removing all reinforcement and ribs from the air box for better flow.
I'm not expecting a huge difference from it, but at least I will have a guarantee that engine gets much more air then before.

Thank you very much JFA and TorqueCars

Kindest regards
Marc07

Reactions: Loz
Thank you Marc for the review.

Glad your enjoying your new beast of an Audi, and the 2-3 extra MPG is a sure bonus. More Power, More Fun, Sharper to driver and with a saving on fuel, what is there not too like!.

John Ford

JF Automotive

Your post's was stuck in the mod queue mate.
I've sorted it for you and now you have hit ten post you'll be fine.
Once your name goes BOLD your posts won't go into the queue anymore. ;)

Thank you Marc for the review.

Glad your enjoying your new beast of an Audi, and the 2-3 extra MPG is a sure bonus. More Power, More Fun, Sharper to driver and with a saving on fuel, what is there not too like!.

John Ford

JF Automotive

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back