Is your car safe

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does your car pass the NCAP and other safety standards?

Is this important to you, do you even think to check the ratings for safety when buying a car?

Don't know what the rating is on my Golf but it has a whole load of acronyms (esp, abs, tcs, ebd........) to avoid an accident and a whole load of airbags if I do |B
I've always had sporty car's also as I feel more in control of the vehicle then a normal family car. For example, I don't like father in law CMax as it feels like the front isn't connected to the back the steering is so light and uncommunicative. Driving for 12 hours to Scotland was very stressful.

Never bothered with NCAP or any other test results. We don't buy new cars. Cars these days are so much safer than they used to be that any new inovations will be marginal.

If I had to choose between a car that had 5 stars but looked and drove horribly and a car that has 2 stars but looked good and handled well, no contest. Best safety device is the one between your ears.

My Passat a 5 star EURONCAP one as well. It would take some doing to actually have a collision in the Passat - it spends most of it's time in the garage being fixed repeatedly (& expensively) :)

Having had a very nasty collision in 2009 that was totally beyond my control I was very grateful for the raft of safety features in that particular car. To quantify how nasty, consider this: I was awarded over £35,000 for injury compensation.

We should never consider the innumerate safety features as brain substitutes - OG has said the same thing pretty much.

Under no circumstances do I believe that having a 5 star NCAP rating means I am protected by an invisible force field.
But what it does do, is make ME feel a lot better about a possible future collision with a marginally increased chance of life afterwards.

Does your car pass the NCAP and other safety standards?

Is this important to you, do you even think to check the ratings for safety when buying a car?

I am pleased with the ratings for my 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT. They are a 5 for impact ratings and 4 for roll over. And Yes, the ratings can be a make or break decision for me on any ride! |B

Never gave it a thought when I chose my car.
I hope being a modern Vauxhall/Opel/buick it will be safe.
It looks like it got loads of airbags etc.

Under no circumstances do I believe that having a 5 star NCAP rating means I am protected by an invisible force field.
But what it does do, is make ME feel a lot better about a possible future collision with a marginally increased chance of life afterwards.

Sorry Os, wasn't referring to your post at all. I am in total agreement with you. I simply picked it up as a reference to NCAP testing.

Sorry Os, wasn't referring to your post at all. I am in total agreement with you. I simply picked it up as a reference to NCAP testing.

No reference was being made to your post at all Paul, I was on my soapbox there for a moment :)

My Passat a 5 star EURONCAP one as well. It would take some doing to actually have a collision in the Passat - it spends most of it's time in the garage being fixed repeatedly (& expensively) :)
Glad to hear that you are ok now but couldn't help:rofl::rofl:at this^^^^^^

I must say that having a good NCAP safety rating does not give me much confidence or reassurance. After being involved in a small crash at 35mph, and seeing the damage caused, I dread to think what the outcome would be if it was more serious. Crumple zones? My car disintegrated.