Is this reasonable MPG

chajun

I have a new Peugeot 207 1.4 S ( 75) (PETROL) 1185mls on the clock I have just travelled from Spennymore to Edinburgh 146 miles. According to my calculations that's about 47 mpg at a constant 55mph . Bearing in mind the newness is that reasonable. I noticed at times the vehicle seemed sluggish getting up to speed on slight inclines on the A1. Any comments please.

Thank you

Last edited:
Sound ok, but for a newish car with a 1.4 I would expect more. How are your tyre pressures, this can make a massive difference?

What does the "book" state your mpg should be?

First thing I would try is a tank full of redex, this seems to clean everything up for me and gives a few more MPG when I've been doing lots of short journeys.

Don't forget that cars burn more fuel in the winter as the colder air carries more oxygen. Turning on the airconditioning can rob you of around 4-7 mpg depending on how cold it is set to.

Do you have lots of junk in the boot? More weight = lower MPG.

nope just homemade loopy jjuice and veyr dab speeling ;)

Shend shome downsh 'ere mate - we could do withs it!!!

Ish hit flammable?

It's bloody cold today. A good quality bonfire deshigned to shling out some unburnt hydrocarbons would help global warming enormously.

It would also help me, too. I'm FREEZING !!!!!!!!!

Kind Rgds,

P.

Last edited:
"47 seems very good considering it weighs just over 1.2 ton - this might explain the shuggushness on inclines as well"

Supposed to be 54-56 on a run

According to the book though? You'll be very lucky if you're getting book figures.
In that case isn't it misleading advertising! LEGAL DECENT HONEST TRUTHFULL Thats the UK advertising code. I wonder if anybody has the same vehicle as me and what they achive?
Rgds

I'm sure you are not the first and won't be the last.

Incidentally I get around 37mpg from mine which is about spot on. I get more if I granny it.

I'm sure you are not the first and won't be the last.

Incidentally I get around 37mpg from mine which is about spot on. I get more if I granny it.
]]

Hi. I have just returned from the dealership on Edinburgh where I bought it. was booked in. They reckon they found no faults on their diagnostic machine, They also said they took it out for a two mile run and it was doing"56mpg" Because the computer said so! I don't think so.

Peugeot 207 1.4 s (75) petrol manual.

Look, I know it's not close to the book figure and it won't be regardless of whether you have worked in advertising or not. That figure seems perfectly fine to me (good in fact, my old 1.2 8v Punto couldn't get that and it was 900kgs, 60bhp and in excellent mechanical shape), remember you have to factor in wind resistance, hills, how long you're sitting at idle etc etc.

I guess you should brim the tank and reset the miles odo then note the mileage covered when you refil using our mpg calculator (in tools) you will be able to work out if the trip computer is accurate or not.

I think this might be an interesting discussion for a new thread, to see what others are getting...

Look, I know it's not close to the book figure and it won't be regardless of whether you have worked in advertising or not. That figure seems perfectly fine to me (good in fact, my old 1.2 8v Punto couldn't get that and it was 900kgs, 60bhp and in excellent mechanical shape), remember you have to factor in wind resistance, hills, how long you're sitting at idle etc etc.
The reason I mentioned advertising was that you just can't come up with make believe figures as truth!

I guess you should brim the tank and reset the miles odo then note the mileage covered when you refil using our mpg calculator (in tools) you will be able to work out if the trip computer is accurate or not.

I think this might be an interesting discussion for a new thread, to see what others are getting...
Let me know if there is a new thread.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back