Irregular indicator pattern

Hi all, in my Corsa 1.2, the indicator is showing an irregular pattern, i have done the standard stuff EG. walk around the car to see if any of the bulbs have burnt out. But all the indicator bulbs are on and fine, i have also tried the hazard lights and they have there normal flashing pattern so its just the indicators (left), could it be a relay of some sorts?

Thanks

Hmmm, unlikely to be flasher unit, then. Is it varying in speed with car stationary and engine off?

Hmmm. Assuming that there is only one flasher unit (other than the hazard unit) and the problem is on one side only, there has to be an intermittent fault, either in the wiring or the lamp units. For example, a loose connector in the lamp unit or a dodgy earth connection.

Not heard of these symptoms before.

Suggestions (what I would do):

Remove bulbs and make sure the base contact is bent up enough to be making full contact.
Remove and tighten all push on wire connectors.
Maybe even swap bulbs left to right to confirm that they are OK.

If none of these solve the problem, then there may be a wire breaking down. Check with a resistance meter.

I guess the problem could be in the indicator stalk. On old cars it would be a simple case of swapping connectors around but not so easy on modern vehicles.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back