iPod

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
i'm suprised that i havent seen a post on ipods......

anyway i hav a panasonic head unit with a front aux in, and my ipod sounds great. the problem is that the 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack gets in the way of my gear stick.

so i was looking at alternatives; and iv found rca wiring looms, basically fit between the cars wiring and the aftermarket loom and into the rca inputs.

has anyone got this?

any comments appreciated!

I still use a CD player - I must get round to gettting one of those new fangled Pod Things! :lol:

thay are many times better, i remember before i had one all the cds in my glove box. it was unbelievale how many i had, and i didnt know what was on each cd. madness.

now i can choose whichever song i want, whenever i feel!

(other music devices are available other than iPod, i am in no way being paid to endorse iPods.)

:D

ANSWEARING
look into whether there is a specific ipod adapter for yor head unit.
i know pioneer make one, which charges the ipod athe same time as FULLY controling it and the songs.

i'm going to get oe for my car, then i can just leave the ipod in the glovebox, and only touch it to update my music. Only bad thing is that i HATE the itunes program.

The 3.5mm to rca has been around for a while, i used on to connect my MDplayer to my hifi about 10years ago.
But before buying one, ensure your headunit can switch to the input channel without having a CD-changer plugged in aswell.

Waynne, its worth getting an Mp3 player, even its just to stop your mates borrowing(nicking) your Cds. i hate that.

well i dont have a cd changer input on my head unit to fit one, plus the cost of around 60-70 squid is a bit excessive.

i bought the rca set up and it charges at the same time, but! i know it sounds good, however i need to get out my toolbox.

the music only goes to my rear speakers and the volume is either on or off. so i need to splice in the front panels and tweeters and somehow tackle the volume troubles. anyone had this mess up?