Introduction

awesomalex21

Car
2001 BMW 325CI
Hello, my name is Alex Davis. I have a 2001 BMW 325CI. I was wondering how many people on here have acquired the knowledge to do a rear mount low boost turbo setup. I was thinking of doing a 35mm turbo, wastegate around 6-7 lbs of boost, bigger hpfp and 35lb injectors, and an oil scavenge pump for the return line. The problem i have here is this-how do i install the standlone piggyback ecu to trick the BMW ecu for the setup? I cant seem to find the "cracking code" for my ecu. Any suggestions? Im awful at electronics but i love the physical aspect of it. Also was wondering if i did the standalone system, would i need to keep the MAF before the turbo, or after (like it is now). And would the MAP sensor still go on my charge pipe before my TB? Open to suggestions. Thanks

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

The MAF measures air intake and temperature, the temperature goes up loads after the turbo does it's thing which drops the amount of oxygen it can carry, so I'd recommend after the turbo, IMO especially on a remote turbo setup. You'll also need to work in an intercooler as well at some point to bring down those hot intake temps.

Which piggyback ecu are you going with? Depending on the boost you may need to upgrade the MAF sensor or fit a MAP sensor.

Have you altered the engine compression ratio at all or gone with forged parts? For such a small boost why are you not looking at fitting a supercharger, it will be much easier?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back