instrument panel

tinbelly

Wrench Pro
Car
vw golf v6 4motion
hello!
in my golfs instrument panel i have full working lights except for on the speedometer from 0 2 40mph........so im guessing thats the bulb??!!!
does anyone know how to change it?

cheers pal,
its just a 1.6 se 1999 t reg.
hope you can help.....its not that bad just a bit annoying.
im weighing up if i should get anouther one or do this one up a bit.
has only done 50000 miles!

dam computer crashed

not sure if they are individual lamps or not
only 2 screws hold them in ill check ELSA later to see if theres anything about them in there
another one would need to be coded to match the immobiliser as it connected to it.

ok nothing on ELSA about the bulbs, just how to pull the panel out.

pull the steering wheel fully forward and down

bottom of the instrument panel, above the steering wheel, pull the trim panel off

undo 2 torx screws
disconnect connections

would i lose the mileage on it?
or does it just log every thing even tho it has been disconnected?
sorry if that sounds stupied.....

yup stay away from it
blunt but honest.
the 1.6 are normally 103 or 105bhp under normal injection - later fsi were 115 iirc
the 2.slow is only 115bhp and only badged as a GTI over here. the 2.0 is actually less powerful than the n/a 1.8 (engine code AGN) which had 125bhp

remember that the Mk4 is a heavy beast for a small car ~1300kgs so only has 88bhp/tonne from the 115bhp
if your after decent performance then look at the post 03 1.8t or the V6s or the 130PD diesel engines

but must be nippier off the blocks than my 1.6se tho mate?
i like my car, but its a tad sluggish.....plus its a 5 door car and the gti is a 3 door does that make it lighter?
and cant i get it chipped or remapped or filters etc if i want it quicker?
what about air con....mine didnt have it..any signs apart from not working that work would need doing to it?
sorry lots of questions....dunno what to do now.
can you lend me sum cash££££££££????????????????????????

parkers
1.6 5d
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=19837

2.0 GTI
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=16544

wife has the 5dr match with the 105 engine, the bro in law had a gti for around a month and got rid of it because it was so slow.
looking at the figures there to 60 is only 0.3 second, are you even really going to feel that ?
its also 4 insurance groups higher and a higher tax band so more money'
yes there is tuning options but youll not gain that much from them without spending more money on it. for the money your talking to get it up to an average 150bhp, which most 2.0 are around, you could get a 1.8t, fitted and mapped and see 200

the 3 door has more issues due to the weight of the doors dropping not a hard fix but a pain to do.

Air con i think was pretty much an optional extra as was the climatecontrol. there are issues with the fans not working on the ac

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back