induction info

peugeot306

Car
peugeot 306
hi all i have just bought a 306 with a stainless steel backbox and big induction kit i have two questions the air filter has a black box on it with two wires coming out does any body know what the wires and box are for? and my second question how much will my bhp be increased by ?

hi all i have just bought a 306 with a stainless steel backbox and big induction kit i have two questions the air filter has a black box on it with two wires coming out does any body know what the wires and box are for? and my second question how much will my bhp be increased by ?
the black box will be your air flow meter (afm) basically send a signal to the ecu to tell it how much fuel to put in
and tbh you wont see much increase in bhp maybe 3bhp only cause of the colder weather. in the summer months you will probably loose a little power depending on where the airfilter is situated?

the black box will be your air flow meter (afm) basically send a signal to the ecu to tell it how much fuel to put in
and tbh you wont see much increase in bhp maybe 3bhp only cause of the colder weather. in the summer months you will probably loose a little power depending on where the airfilter is situated?

thanks for that the black box is seperate to my afm its only a couple of cms long and wide with 2 white wires on it going into the wiring for the afm

Where do these white wires lead? It's unlikely to be an air intake temperature sensor as the Peugeots generally use a hot wire anemometer for MAF metering which deals with temperature and barometric pressure by virtue of the principle upon which it operates.

The diesel HDi models have MAFs as well, which is something I found surprising given that a diesel engine doesn't actually have a throttle.

Why not take the air box off and have a look inside the ductwork?

That black box sounds suspiciously like one of those Ebay resistor thingys. :confused:

They don't have to be mounted in the intake tract so probably not. Unless the seller has convinced people to put it there just to add plausibility to the false claims made for its performance.