i want a hot hatch??!

fn2 pro: interior looks awesome, more in car tech, better mpg (so im told) newer engine so less wear and tear,

cons : harsh ride, huge spoiler fail, no IRS,

ep3 pro: people say it feels faster, less harsh ride than fn2, good exterior

cons: old interior, has been thrashed so engine could pos been worn out. not many in car tech.

I did some research on this. everyone reckons the EP2s have the better suspension. However the FN2, especially in GT trim, is far better inside, with much more kit. 10k could get you a nice FN2 plus supercharger upgrade to around 270bhp, very sweet.

I did some research on this. everyone reckons the EP2s have the better suspension. However the FN2, especially in GT trim, is far better inside, with much more kit. 10k could get you a nice FN2 plus supercharger upgrade to around 270bhp, very sweet.

Where did you research this then? When I was into Hondas and in a Honda club everyone I spoke to said that the EP3 is the better car out of the two as the FN2 is softened down.

for me id take the ep3!! the gadgetry can be added and to a higher spec than the fn2;)
but i will point out your mates s3 with a remap will thrash the type r;)

Honestly, there are not a lot of options. You want a car that can out handle, out run and still have good MPG then an S3. Take the EP3 and supercharge it. With a budget of 10k you should be able to pull it off!

Remember to make a WIP thread. ;)

Rotrex do a supersport Supecharger conversion for about £4k. Add a few suspension mods etc and you should be looking at £8-9k depending on cost of the car.

whats the insurance like on a CTR EP3 ? ill be 21 when i get with with 3 years no claims?

and how much do the mods increase insurance costs?

How much though?

It was around £600 with just basic declarations (i.e. lowered, exhaust, alloy wheels - went up to £25000 (yes, £25000) once I clicked 'supercharger'!) but jumped up to £1200 once I called Sky/Adrian Flux fo a quote and declared everything.

Tbh it just isn't worth not declaring it for the sake of £600.

Where did you research this then? When I was into Hondas and in a Honda club everyone I spoke to said that the EP3 is the better car out of the two as the FN2 is softened down.

yeah that's what I meant, the Ep3 had clever rear suspension that Honda ditched for the later model, but the FN2 has a more luxurious and kitted out interior. The GT has dual climate and satnav and all sorts of stuff. Plus it looks cool too.

yeah that's what I meant, the Ep3 had clever rear suspension that Honda ditched for the later model, but the FN2 has a more luxurious and kitted out interior. The GT has dual climate and satnav and all sorts of stuff. Plus it looks cool too.

That only backs up the EP3! Jap cars don't have luxury interior, so you may as well get the better handling car, and then Mugen it up a little bit.

10k? r33 skyline, evo6, impreza sti. much better options for 10k. what about a old skool mini or beetle? get a beetle and dump a 911 engine in the back lol

i did not try them and wasn't aware of the discount, i wll try to get some time to get a quote.