I must be mad

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
When I had the Focus I washed it, twice a year at most.

Now I've just spent 107 pounds on cleaning and detailing products. Snow foam lances and clay bars, polishes and Z8 sealants and buffing and drying cloths and all sorts.

It's true what they say. The things you own, own you.

Here's what I ordered:
Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay Kit
Foam Wax Applicator (3)
Autoglym - Super Resin Polish
Eurow - Plush Buffing Towels Pkg/2
3M Glass Cleaner
CarPro - Iron X 500ml
Zaino Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
Extra Large, Soft Microfibre Car Drying Towel 60cm x 90cm for
Karcher Snow Foam Lance
Wookie Genuine Lambswool wash mitt

I already have snow foam shampoo, and normal shampoo.
I already have Autoglym vinyl and rubber for the interior (Artico fake leather).

When they come here is my plan of attack:

Outside:
Snow foam with lance.
Spray on glass cleaner, wheel cleaner. Wait 5.
Hand shampoo with mitt. Clean wheels with foam sponge
Jet rinse.
Dry with big towel
Apply clay bar and lubricant.
Auto glym srp (sparingly!) Buff off
Wash again with very little shampoo if dust not buffed off.
Zaino z8 (sparingly!)Buff off

Inside, hoover and clean with the vinyl and rubber cleaner.

My car is in desperate need of some pimping and preening. Especially inside. I advise passengers to have their tropical travel jabs before embarking.

There's lots of truth in cleaner cars being quicker. Not so much aerodynamics or weight. More to do with the fact that I can get the accelerator pedal down a bit further :D

Clay kits, foam wax, super resin polish.... might as well get into it while it's still a novelty. By this time next year you'll be running it through the car wash like the rest of us.
Commentator on the Queens 90th birthday bash: Prince Philip still opens the car door for her.
Rejoinder: When a man opens the car door for his wife it's either a new car or a new wife.

Ive had my caldina as a daily driver for over 18 months .
when I first got it it was clayed , and properly polished after a deep cleaner which do work . All done with a good polishing machine . It looked great. Over time its been washed and polished a couple of times but only with a spray polish.
It was getting dirtier and dirtier (it is white) Of course the dirtier it is the less I like it and the less I like it the smaller the chance I will polish it.
But on thursday I spent an afternoon on it , washed it and clayed it with a claying mit ( a lot easier) then a proper polish.

It looks a different car - in fact my neighbour thought I had bought another one .

She's got a great arse, does exactly what I tell her, doesn't have needs and unlike the missus I only have to service her once a year.

Attachments

• IMG_20160423_133314.jpg
    IMG_20160423_133314.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 0