I do hate it when people pull out on me....

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I do hate it when people pull out on me and then drive really slowly and hesitantly. Today this has happened 6 times! 3 times I had to brake really sharply. Then I have loads of Kamikazee pedestrians just stepping out in front of me. Sometimes I wonder if my car is invisible. Anyone else get this happening to them?

Yup I know that one. Relieved to hear its not just me too :rolleyes: . The thing that amazes me with my car is that its not as if you cant see it, or hear it coming.

i get that as well, although my mate had a really bad encounder with a BMW and an AUDI the other night wear one pulled out right infront of him and the other straight behind him,, if it wasnt for that fact he drives a mini (old one) that would have been a masive accident :shock:

a woman pulled out infront of me while crossing around about yesterday. I seen it coming so had stopped in time but I was tempted to hit her as i recently *#*#*#*#*#*# my front bumper and need a new one.

The funny thing about it was I seen her pulling out so managed to slow down but instead of continuing to drive she stopped. At that point i laughed and waved her on. I'm just glad the guy in the beemer 4x4 behind was paying attention or i'd have no rear bumper either.

I think colour does matter. Green cars get hit more often. Black and White are the least accident prone colours!! (A sad fact from my time in insurance!) Red is stolen more than any other colour - figure that!

I get mad when people pull out and they are using their mobile phone.

well that fills me with confidance waynne lol, my car is green, but so far i havnt had an accitend (touches wood)

I'm glad its not just me then. Our black Toyota was pretty much invisible people just pulled out as if you wern't there. We called it our stealth car and actually overtook a friend 4 times on the motorway and he still has no recollection of overtaking us and can't work out how we did it! :lol:

A nutter did it again to me today. He was driving a flat bed lorry with what looked like a flat pack house on the back. :shock:

After seeing me he pulled out into my path causing me to slam on my brakes then we had 5 minutes of driving slowly and speeding up whilst he looked for the house number he was delivering at and then as a special could only happen to me on a Friday offer he parked up blocking the road and started unloading. :evil: :x

(I knew I should have ordered the missiles behind the headlight option!) :twisted:

i have had people pull out on me on several ocassions especially on the mini roundabout in tonbridge town center , i have also noticed before when i had my mini people use to let me out of side roads but now i have my rx8 people dont so much i just get glares instead :? why :?:

i get it too

what takes the piss, is when they pull out to te extent that its not safe for you to manouvre around them, then they think oh sh!t and stop meaning i dont have to just slow down. i have to come to a complete stop. the worst thing is that they seem to maintain eye contact from the very begining.

Now i'v got a black car, and i drive with the xenons on as soon as its dusky or i'm on a dual carriageway, it doesnt happen as much. but it still happens.

the very most annoying thing is pedestrians that know you're there, but even half way accrss the road, they wont look up to acknowledge you.

dun get me wrong,
i like stopping/slowing for women, women with children, green cross code age kids, or pensioners; makes me feel like i'll get thru the pearly gates.

i like letting go ofte accelerator to see if the guy/woman on the side junction is smart enough to get into the main road, but if they're not good enouh to pull out, then they are not good enough to drive infront of me.

like is say to my passengers,, i'l only send an email invite,, if they want a formal written invitation, they are gonna be waiting a long time :lol: