Hyundia coupe 2.7 v6 2006

tobias

Car
Hyundai V6 Coupe
thinking of a light flywheel does anyone know the weight of the standard flywheel so I can find out if it is worth doing

Would like a decent stainless exhaust any recomendation

Having trouble finding tuning parts for Hyundia can you help

Hi there Tobias and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along. Have you done any other mods to the engine? The flywheel seems a strange place to start?

I would focus on induction and exhaust, get some fast road cams (you can get your reground) and then look to getting a better engine management. Mega Squirt might be worth investigating.

A lot depends on how much you want to spend on it and what your aiming at overall?

Yes the flywheel is worth doing imho especially if you can remove and refit it yourself. No idea on standard weight, don't have too much taken off but a good engineer/tuner should be able to help you with that. Can cost as little as £40 if you do all the labour yourself.

Stainless exhaust might have to be custom if you can't find one for the Coupe. There's not much price difference between custom and off-the-shelf these days too.

MS might be going a bit far. Not necessary unless you're going beyond the limits of the standard ECU, or want something fancy like launch control.

Thanks a lot guys the reason for starting with the flywheel is a mate got some impressive results on acceleration by replacing the heavy standard flywheel on his V6 Vectra with one weighing 5.5 kilo cost him £500 including new clutch and labour the results provided good value for money. my car has a top manufacturers speed of 139 mph so it is acceleration I am after, the weight of the standard flywheel will allow me to work out the value for money factor I have a company called powerflow who make stainless exhaust's about 20 mile away, but I dont know if the product is any good, anyone tried them?
ps My mate used a company called Courtny nr Norwich for his flywheel but they only work on Vauxhall's

Thanks a lot guys the reason for starting with the flywheel is a mate got some impressive results on acceleration by replacing the heavy standard flywheel on his V6 Vectra with one weighing 5.5 kilo cost him £500 including new clutch and labour the results provided good value for money. my car has a top manufacturers speed of 139 mph so it is acceleration I am after, the weight of the standard flywheel will allow me to work out the value for money factor I have a company called powerflow who make stainless exhaust's about 20 mile away, but I dont know if the product is any good, anyone tried them?
ps My mate used a company called Courtny nr Norwich for his flywheel but they only work on Vauxhall's

a pic of a vectra v6 flywheel compared to a xe flywheel :amazed:
501a5dbf.jpg

the lad who did this swap said it made a massive difference!! so im sure it would on your car

and as for powerflow i would recommend them cause i have 1 and i have used them for previous cars + they are cheap for full systems
but i would recommend that if you go for 1 make sure you take it in for its annual inspection so the life time guarantee stays valid cause i didnt and mine is blowing slightly now so i will have to sort it myself

thanks I will let you know how I get on, first move a rolling road to see what I have got