Hyundai Getz 1.1 2008

Car
Hyundai Getz 2008
hi guys, anyone that can give me advice how to improve my power, speed and fuel efficiency of my car? i will really appreciate if you can help me.what mods will i apply to attain these. Thanks

a 1.1 isnt the ideal engine to upgrade as it will cost alot if so but if you want it to be nippyer get a bigger engine as that will save you time and money
si

a 1.1 isnt the ideal engine to upgrade as it will cost alot if so but if you want it to be nippyer get a bigger engine as that will save you time and money
si

x2

Tbh, it's not a good base to start with. Option 1 is to get yourself a bigger engine, better brakes and better suspension. Option 2 is to get yourself a different car. Sorry to be so brutal about it mate.

is not thrue i have same car and i do next
1. chip tuning
2. remove restrict rezonant box
3.drilling airbox
4.put snorkel foward
5.put two sport exaust
6.alu whells with tyre 18-55-15
7.reseting ecu and trothle body
8.youse 100 octane
and now my getz have 85 ks on strat is 66 ks this result i take from g-tech
sorry on my english

1. chip tuning
Depends on the chip in question. A lot of chips are complee rubbish that just trick your ECU into over-fueling.

I hope you mean de-restrict the box and not removing otherwise you'll cause heat soak.

3.drilling airbox
This will only make noise so it's pointless.

4.put snorkel foward
I'll assume you're talking about a cold air feed. Good idea and will help, but don't expect huge (if any power gains)

5.put two sport exaust
What size is the standard vs the new one? This will make a huge difference as the wrong size can lose power.

No idea what is standard. Just make sure the rolling radius is the same.

Bigger t/b will help but again don't expect a miracle.

8.youse 100 octane
Definitely cleaner and better for the engine.

I still stand by my previous post.

1. chip tuning
Depends on the chip in question. A lot of chips are complee rubbish that just trick your ECU into over-fueling.

I hope you mean de-restrict the box and not removing otherwise you'll cause heat soak.

3.drilling airbox
This will only make noise so it's pointless.

4.put snorkel foward
I'll assume you're talking about a cold air feed. Good idea and will help, but don't expect huge (if any power gains)

5.put two sport exaust
What size is the standard vs the new one? This will make a huge difference as the wrong size can lose power.

No idea what is standard. Just make sure the rolling radius is the same.

Bigger t/b will help but again don't expect a miracle.

8.youse 100 octane
Definitely cleaner and better for the engine.

I still stand by my previous post.

1.chip tuning i do with man who work with chip tuning over 15 years he replace chip and put in new with new maps with new paramaters off benzin and time of ignition . i take beeter power on 1500 to 3500 and on max 6500 my max speed go 13 km-h
2. this restrictiv rezonat box is not airbox.this box is under left light an now thake cold air bihand light and ground
3.drilling airbox give nice sound and more air.motor take air for lees time then before
4.;)
5.tube inside exaust is same but sport exaust have much flow and inside have some kind of "stars"this stars broken back gas to motor and nois
6.original 165-65-14 now 185-55-15 it very close
7.i dont put bigeer t/b i only restart ,give kontakt, push pedal of akceleratio to max. 5 sec.kontakt off,move legs from pedal and wait 2 min then start to engine, that restart klapnu on t/b
8.when i start with 100 octane i restart ecu ,move - on bateery for 30 min,after this time start engine without legs and wait to fan start after this turn off and start engine and drive sport mode driving that ecu learn ,beteer speed and turque.:lol:

I've got a Getz 1.3. Great little car. The factory airbox and pipework is very restrictive so I've replaced all of that with a cone style air filter. I've also replace the exhaust with a better flowing version. These small mods just make the little engine breath easier and have made a slight difference although it's no Bugatti Veyron.
As Prince says, these £7 'chips' off fleebay just trick the engine into overfueling so do wonders for the fuel consumption but if you know someone who knows what they are doing and can tweek it a bit go for it. Other than that, to get any real power, it's a bigger engine shoe horned in.;)

I've got a Getz 1.3. Great little car. The factory airbox and pipework is very restrictive so I've replaced all of that with a cone style air filter. I've also replace the exhaust with a better flowing version. These small mods just make the little engine breath easier and have made a slight difference although it's no Bugatti Veyron.
As Prince says, these £7 'chips' off fleebay just trick the engine into overfueling so do wonders for the fuel consumption but if you know someone who knows what they are doing and can tweek it a bit go for it. Other than that, to get any real power, it's a bigger engine shoe horned in.;)

with this chip i drive 70.000 km without any problem eco-test is better than before chip so i mean that is ok

So you guys found a way to mod the ECU's chip??

Most I've heard is that you can get it flashed and hopefully piggybacked or use a stand-alone ecu.

If you can get a 2.0 DOHC swapped in, that would be cool. you may not get neck-breaking speed, per say, but you'd get more torque. also, these cars are LIGHT (my elantra weighs LESS than a stock Dodge Neon ES i had b4 that.) so power-to-weight might be on your side too. The key is getting past the "customs officer" (ECU).

There are other tricks out there you can do with the cams, pulleys, porting to help the engine breathe better, changing the exhaust to get the gases out BUT with sufficient back pressure left to avoid lagging/power loss, CAI, piggyback/chip/stand-alone ecm, yadda, yadda, yadda.....

After that, its either forced induction, engine swap, or hit the dealership/classifieds for a better platform.
I've heard of some people having success with Venom 400, Megasquirt, and kwp2000, but if you guys on that side of the world found a way to upgrade the chip, that's awesome. Not sure of the ones here on the US market. Emissions standards are strict, so Hyundai modified the cars' ecu for the market here.

there have been documented instances on other forums where resetting the ecu after exhaust and intake, fuel, and engine mechanical mods have helped get gains. but to get there, apparently the "going rate" in parts and services is around $100+ US per horse. and there aren't alot of ponies in these pastures (which annoys me because an XD engine that has the potential to produce 200+HP is so limited and can't be accessed because of the ecu settings). but if you can do alot of the labor yourself, thus saving yourself alot of money, and just want the best you can get out of the car, I'd personally say go for it.

my chip work man who do chip-tuning on my car take EPROM out and put new one with diferent parameters, he doing over 15 years a he know what doing change fuel map .time of ignition,i mesure my getz after chip-tuning ,on G-TECH now have 82 ks and 110 nm, when i buy getz is 66 ks and 99 nm.sorry for my english

I understood what you were saying. No apologies needed. I could be wrong, since I am new to mechanics and just starting to learn about mechanics and performance, but it looks like ECU tuning WITH intake/exhaust/engine mods will get noticeable gains and they're not totally successful by themselves.