How would you rate your driving

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you rate your driving ability and skills in relation to the rest of the public and do you think this a realistic view?;)

ie: I'm simply the best ever and this is not a realistic view. :lol: What areas do you have you'd like to improve on?

Actually I would only be prepared to put myself slightly above average, I'm pretty cautious generally but when I push it for a pleasure drive I often go a bit too far!

Obi you have to remember that no red blooded male will ever own up to being either a poor lover or a poor driver.

I prefer to rate myself against a higher standard of driver than "the general public"
So I nominate The Stig as my benchmark so I score myself a 5 out of 10 I think ?-/ :)

when im alone im superior to those near me on the road but when i have a relative sitting next to me im like the worst driver alive , i guess im only good when im being myself , when i hold back it all goes downhill

Well im old enough not to think im good as a driver because ive been in with people that are. Having said that ive driven more fast cars than most & can handle huge Power. Would deffo not pass my driving test now or would want to. My Tuner said I was the fastest 'A' road driver he had ever been with. This probably means im a menace not a good driver but to me it was a compliment. Im an old school Petrolhead from the days we could race on the road & drive as fast as we wanted. They don't exist today. The modern Petrolhead spends his time on Forums answering silly posts ;) & not ragging his car. Im so glad I did part of my motoring back in those days. If the law knew my PB on the road the death penalty would be re-instated but do I care NAH!!!!!

I'm certainly not the best driver in the world by a long shot, but I would go as far to dare say I have more car control than the average jo-public non petrol head... most of which seem to have very little car control.

People can be exceptionally meticulous drivers, with good awareness of whats around them, an eye for hazards (etc)... but most I find have little control for a car beyond this. For example if the rear slides out going around a roundabout in cold/slippy conditions - I'd bet more people would panic and not know what to do - than would be able to resolve the situation. Naturally the progression of ESP technologies has prevented a tonne of accidents though.

I saw a guy in an MX-5 come around a roundabout near Tunbridge Wells recently, who managed to spin 180 degrees all by himself. Luckily the roads where very quiet, and he didn't hit anything.. and was able to simply turn the car back around the right way again and drive off.