How to increase bhp

donone

Car
mitsubishi gto tt
Hi guys joined today so hello all, seeking advice on increase of bhp to 400bhp,running uprated fuel pump, hks exhaust system, hks induction, heard i would need 560cc injectors, larger intercooler, uprated fuel regulater,and remap, im all ears guys, thanks dan

Last edited:
Dan you cannot remap these ECU'S .
If your car is an import it is fitted with smaller 9b turbos which will never give 400bhp .
Our best efforts are 370 bhp on 9bs. with standard 360cc injectors std intercoolers . auprated fuel press reg and the most important .. a good electronic boost controller.
If your looking for 400 you need to change the turbos im afraid for either the uk spec 3000gt units known as 13 g which are good for 425 max or aftermarket units .
If your fitting bigger injectors you need something to control them and the stock ones are good for 400 horse anyway its the turbos that are not.
Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock clutch is on the limits at 400 bhp. The stock sidemounts will suffice as long as they are in good condition. You will need separate fuel and boost control. At that limit a couple of piggy back units will be fine. The problem is that 560 cc injectors are on the upper limit of control for a non MAP based fuel controller, i would suggest finding some 450 cc injectors, plenty of fuel and more controllable. One of the keys to upgrading is to keep things in perspective.
A Walbro fuel pump will be fine but it needs to be hot-wired, that is to say that it must recieve full battery voltage or it will actually run at less flow rate than the stock unit otherwise.
Aeromotive FPR's are superb, reliable, constant and won't let you down by sticking.

hi guys thanks for all the advice im going to go with 450 injectors and electronic boost controller and uprated fuel regulator keeping the rest stock and see how i get on, could anyone give me a heads up on where i could get the injectors from not having much luck on ebay and what would be the ideal boost controller, thanks again, dan

The stock ECU will NOT control bigger injectors. An exceptionally good boost controller is the A'PEXi AVCR. The stock fuel pump may supply enough fuel for 450cc injectors, [may], but it will need to be hot wired to stand any chance of meeting the demands.
You can not simply chuck a few things at these engines, up the boost and expect it all to work. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that and if you try, you will be bitterly disappointed by how quickly your pistons melt.
As a bare minimum when increasing boost pressure the engine needs data logging to check for knock.
Having just read through that lot, it sounds a bit aggressive and it's not meant to be. I just don't want you to throw money at something in a way that it's doomed to fail. Do your research and buy wisely. I'm happy to help and advise is free, engines are expensive.

Last edited:
Hi,
intake air filter (H&R fpik or similar)
new exhaust
bigger injector (750cc)
Supra fuel pump
new programmable ECU for new injector
big turbos (15g)
boost controller new A/F management

FMIC
forged piston
and a lot of money!