How often do you?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How often do you check your tyre pressures, oil levels and water levels and antifreeze strength?

I just read a report that said that 1 in 3 cars have engine oil at dangerously low levels, and 2 in 5 cars have low tyre pressures or slow punctures.

trooper said:
I check usually once a week too. :lol:
The fib detectors gone off!!! I must confess that although I check every time I get into the car it is only a visual (bonnet closed) check! I do check once a month or if my fuel economy ever dips - that is a pretty good indicator of a soft tyre.

Water and oil probably once a week. Coolent, PAS and brake fluids about once every couple of months unless i feel a problem somewhere. And my tyres definatly once a week. Calibra V6's seem to eat tyres.

The fib detectors gone off!!! I must confess that although I check every time I get into the car it is only a visual (bonnet closed) check! I do check once a month or if my fuel economy ever dips - that is a pretty good indicator of a soft tyre.[/quote]

I have to check regular, cause i've already had a leak in the radiator and a slow puncture and been caught without water in my windscreen jets, so i am over paranoid now, so just do a quick check of everything now. :?