How much of a petrolhead are you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Who is the biggest petrol head on here?

How much of a petrolhead are you? What things make you a petrolhead and make you stand out from the rest?

Do you eat drink and sleep cars? Do you bathe in engine oil? Do you live at motorway service stations? Do you drive more miles than a mission to Mars?

I'm no petrol head. The car is merely a device that transports me from place to place in greater comfort than my bicycle or any form of public transport.

That said, I do care for my car, and I'm trying to learn about it and understand how it all works, and I'm not averse to the odd customisation here and there. But eat, drink, and sleep cars... no.

Compared to some of my friends, I hardly qualify as a liker of cars let alone be a petrolhead :)

I don't think I qualify as a petrolhead either. I like comfortable and quiet transport which is safe and reliable. I include driveability as a subset of comfort. Not looking to shave a few tenths of a second from any acceleration test, nor do I need to generate seventy five lateral G during cornering.

So no, HDi is neither a petrol-head nor a derv-head. Should I resign now.