How much do you know about tuning compared to 5 years ago

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
One thing I find is that my knowledge increases exponentially with every passing year. The more I learn the more I realise I still have to learn.

What about you? Do you know lots about tuning cars or are you just dabbling? How has your knowledge increased over the last 5 years?

I now know I knew basically nothing until I owned an Impreza. I thought the way modded and drove my Golf GTis was full of knowledge. It wasn't.

In the last 8 years I've learned about turbo, compression, timing, basically how engines actually work (as opposed to school ground urban myths about how engines work), brakes, suspension, basically everything :)

And most of that was from talking to the mechanics at my Scooby garage, my engine tuner and then an avid need to make my car go faster led to internet learning and confirming with said mechs and tuner :)

In a word both "Loads" & "Nothing" all at the same time :confused:
Learned so much in five years, but after reading some of the threads on here on a daily basis, I now realise I know nothing really and have yet to discover the true magic of the mystical tuning black arts from some of the true legendary boffins on here :cool:

I always take my car to my trusted dyno/rolling road tuning guru as he has the knowledge and experience to do it right.:) |B