How many waxes/polishes do you own

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have a look in your garage, and tell us how many different bottles of wax and polish you own?

It seems we all buy loads of these on an impulse and have lots of unused stuff lurking around in our garages.

Are you guilty? Women buy shampoo in bulk and keep trying new brands to find the perfect stuff but do you do this with car waxes?

Have you found a brand you like and will stick to?

I have a few and still to use them all! I must confess to owning and using Greased Lightning, great for shows and works wonders on the caravan! Autoglym's AquaWax is one of my favourites after a good clean. I'm not into detailing, more a clean and use bloke.

I have tried...

Megs Liquid Wax - which I really enjoy using and gives a nice deep shine, quite durable.

Simoniz Original Wax - Very durable I found and lasted ages! Very tough to buff and bring up to shine though.

Turtle Wax Original Shell Paste Wax - Been using this for yonks. cheap and very easy to apply and gives a beautiful shine. Doesn't last long though.

Autoglym High Definition range. Shampoo, paint cleanser, clay bar, polishes and wax. Do full treatment twice a year which takes me about 3 days. Use the autowax in between for spruce up as you can wash n go with no drying off. Have leather cleaner and feed for interior also. Normally stock up at the classic shows because you can get good bulk prices if you talk nicely to the man on the stall and its usually the same guy in this area so he knows me now and we have good chat about car care techniques. Talk to these guys at shows if you're having a problem with paintwork, they are always willing to give advice and also provide correct product.

simple answer is way too much haha

my personal favourites are now a whole range of autobrite direct products but i own alot of auto glym/megs/chemical guys/poorboys etc

I have never personally washed my own car, this has always been and always will be done by the professionals.

I have just four polishes in spray bottles that I keep in the boot of my car in my "Show time vanity kit".

One for the body work, one for the alloy wheels, one for the tyres and one for the glasswork. All of them are Meguiar's products and I have never been disappointed with the end results.