How many S-type owners?

:lol: I bet you own slippers as well;)

So I bet you're looking at getting some nitrous and a turbo kit for it then:D

I am a long term S Type owner - my first was a fully loaded 1999 4.0ltr which I acquired in 2001 and ran till August 2008 when it got written off in an accident. During that time I racked up 178,000 miles and apart from the usual servicing items I got through a set of head gaskets, a starter motor, a windscreen wiper motor and three (yes 3) gearbox's.

My latest ride is a 2007 S Type R with an uprated supercharger pumping out 500 - 520 BHP.

Well, I have just joined the forum, and I have a beautiful 05 S-Type 2.7D, with manual gearbox, 18J wheels, touchscreen satnav, Premium sound and more bells and whistles than I can shake a stick at! All standard OEM up until now, except EGR blanking plates. Will be looking at decat pipes and maybe a remap in the near future, if I can find someone around here who actually knows what engine the car has. Not many of these around here (I`m in Portugal)...

DF

Howdo. You should be able to get a bluefin device for the 2.7d engine, from superships website, and this gives you a unit which can remap your car and hold your original map too. They'll post it to you so you dont need to take the car anywhere.

Gets it to about 250bhp.

Thanks for the tip, Yugguy. Unfortunately, I have just been to Superchips site, and it appears that they only have a bluefin device for the X-Type. The S-Type does not apeear on the drop-down list. Their solution seems to be a remap, which is not possible in my case. I have, however, contacted a local "tuner" who, at least, knew what car and engine I was talking about, so we`ll see how that goes.

If the results warrant it, I might even start a new thread to keep other Jag owners informed.

DF

Hi I own a 2006 black Str with bespoke stainless exhaust and remap not sure of power as not been on a rolling road all I can say is that it will pottle around like a pipe and slippers car but open the throttle and hang on

Hi I own a 2006 black Str with bespoke stainless exhaust and remap not sure of power as not been on a rolling road all I can say is that it will pottle around like a pipe and slippers car but open the throttle and hang on

I would like to know more about your remap who did it and where are they at. Remap and Intake are next on my to do list but I have not had very good luck in finding anyone who does this on a Jag.

I would like to know more about your remap who did it and where are they at. Remap and Intake are next on my to do list but I have not had very good luck in finding anyone who does this on a Jag.
I had mine done by a local guy here in Suffolk But if you look up Paramount performance they do all kinds of tuning on Jags I know that more company's are now able to remap the Denso ECU then in the past. The exhaust was done by Long life (Demand Engineering here in Suffolk) Good luck I am sure you will find someone able to carry out what you require.

Hello, I have an S-Type 4.0 V8. It's a 2000/X with Jaguar service history and 104000 miles. Drives almost like new with just small age-related niggles.
*Image removed as per our T's & C's*

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings tcb0001 and welcome to TorqueCars :)
As a new member you will need to make 10 posts first before the system will allow you to put up any photos or web links, this helps us to deter the spammers.

T9 man
Super Moderator.

Thanks T9 man, I am guilty of not reading T & Cs first, time to have a further look around here...