How is your car for depreciation

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does your car suffer much from depreciation?

I reckon mine has only lost about £1500 in 2 years so I'm quite happy with that! It's better than I expected!

I doubt the A4 Quattro I had would have lost as little value.

As with most American rides - TERRIBLE! MSRP for my 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 was $58,625 in 2012. As of 02-2015 $37,990 with 22,000 miles on the odo. And that is not even with all the mods done to it! :( We Yanks are gluttons for punishment! :rofl:

Mines gone from £40k to around £32k value in 2 years... but thats nothing compared to what the first owner would have lost. The depreciation is slowing thats for sure. New this shape was circa £85k and I bought it with 38k miles on the clock, 3 years old Audi approved used for £40k (over half price!)...

The new ones are fairing just as badly. I saw a new RS6 in Audi Tonbridge up for £103'500 about 9 months ago. Similar spec car I saw in the same dealership recently with 7000 miles on the clock... £68'850

Nuff said with the MG, today it is worthless but then I have had this 10 years so I consider it owes me nothing. One day it may climb again when there's few left on the road. The Discovery has already lost it's big numbers by the time I bought it and I got it at a steal, it won't lose alot over the next 2-3 years so I can live with that.

My Volvo S60 is worth about the same as it was when I bought it 2 years ago, My T-5R has doubled in value since I bought it a year ago.