How hot does the hot side get?

NoFatChicks

Car
Supercharged
How hot does the air usually get on the discharge side of a supercharger? I have felt the pipe after a fairly vigorous drive & the 3" Stainless pipe gets hot but not burn your hand hot or anything like that.
Blown BA Falcon 4.0 six cyl.
The reason I ask is that I have a very tight (& strange angled)Fiberglass bend made with Vinyl ester resin with aluminum tube sandwiched & keyed into the fiberglass at each opening. Everyone told me it might soften under the blower heat but I think i have gotten it as hot as it can get & nothing has softened yet & I don't think that it will because I hammered it non stop for about 80 minutes. The metal tube ends seems to takes care of the tight clamps & there is no softening there, so I think it will be OK.
what do you guys think?

Any compression of air will raise the intake temps but never by enough to soften anything significantly.

Do you have an intercooler?

You should be fine, but keep an eye on it. Any loss of power may indicate a leak.

The flexing and bending is more likely to cause an issue than the heat created.

OK, Cheers guys I thought that it would be fine too, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
As for the flexing I will brace it to the blower & put a hump joiner at each end & that should help. If it breaks I will get a foundry to cast a version out of alloy.

Sounds like a good plan. Please upload some pics for us. (you'll need 10 posts to upgrade your account so you can post pic though.)