how easy or hard is it to fit a catalytic converter to a saxo westcoast?

adermmmm

Car
saxo westcoast
bit of a rattle thinks its the catalytic converter thinking of buying one then fitting it myself??? cheerssss.

get it checked out. every time ive had a rattle from my exhaust its been the baffle in one of the silencers.

shouldnt be too hard to fit as long as it doesnt need welding in place

The rattle could also be the exhaust catching a heat shield or something. Check all the exhaust mounts and rubbers to make sure they are holding it properly. Cats can get very expansive so I would be sure it's that before changing it. Also if it passes and mot then it is still doing the job it's suppose to.

I have a saxo vtr, and the muffler has fallen off, and I need to replace the pipe that connects to it. How hard might this be? The muffler is undamaged and did not even scrape on the road somehow, I pulled over and took it off, but the pipe scraped for many miles and needs replacing.
Mainly, would I need to do any welding? I have access to a lift and tools, but don't know how to weld or if there is even a machine available at the shop.

thanks

muffler to me would be the back box not the cat, can you confirm what part of the exhaust you are on about.

most exhausts bolt togeather or slide with clamps to hold

Sorry, I'm not exactly an expert with cars, so forgive my poor explanation. So here goes... the very last section of pipe is what I need to replace, as it was disconnected from the back box as you say and drug on the ground which made it all gashed and gnarled.

Sounds like you are referring to either your muffler or the resonator.
Cats are going to be the first thing inline from the engine.

Either way, as posted above start with all your brackets and bushings.
Check and make sure everything is tight and make sure the heat shield is in place.
These are all free to do! lol. Cats are usually fairly pricey, so start with the checking if you need to replace the easier cheaper stuff first.

you would need a just need a midsection pipe then. should be realitvly cheap from a motor factors, talk to them and youll see if you need clamps / sleeves or just some bolts