How do you neutralise bird strikes

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When a car gets hit by a bird strike (droppings/poo etc...) it is acidic and apparently still eats into the paint after you've wiped it off.

What is the best way to neutralise this or do you not bother? Does a good wax protect a car from this?

Stand outside with a shotgun and shoot the buggers! Luckily for me, I have a very wide and open driveway, not near tree's etc... So I don't get the mess.

Blasted pests, ask one of my young electricians about them and you will see the veins start to stick out on his neck! He was not aware of the damage that can be done by these flying toilets, so left a big bird dropping on his car for a few weeks before he put it into the car wash. The damage was unbelievable, so much so that a detailer could not remove the damage and the panel will have to be resprayed :sad2:

the bird droppings would have to be on for a while before it starts to etch into the paintwork and damage can be bad. washing it off is enough.

a good coat of wax or sealant will mean it eats into that rather than the paint itself.

me i have a microfibre cloth and bottle of quick detailer in the boot. spray on and wipe off