How DO I MAKE MY HYUNDAI i10 A BEAST??

HUF420ANDPUFF

Car
Hyundai I10
Well it's my first car and I fallen in love with the idea of a sleeper. So I was wondering what you guys think is possible to change. Like engine swap, suspension, brake, exhaust, filters, tires, rims. Basically everything possible. To make this car a beast. Keep in mind this is a project car. Want to take it on rally. And really do wanna keep the car because of it's being the first. Not the best car but I want it to beast godlike.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've all been there with our first cars so I'm not going to pop the bubble.

I've added a Hyundai i10 tuning article because this thread is so popular.

Do small things each time aiming to improve your enjoyments of the drive.

Suspension mods, anti roll bars
Bigger brakes are a good upgrade, make sure they fit inside your rims though
Engine swap to something turbocharged for maximum power gains
Exhaust and filter mods will not do anything unless you've already increased power by 30% or more

Last edited:
I cant see that a small city car like the i10 is suitable for turning into a beast , well not using my definition anyway.
Of course anything (within reason ) is possible
Honestly you are better off just buying a faster car.
And it will be cheaper to run and insure

I cant see that a small city car like the i10 is suitable for turning into a beast , well not using my definition anyway.
Of course anything (within reason ) is possible
Honestly you are better off just buying a faster car.
And it will be cheaper to run and insure
Yeah I was thinking of just buying an old Nissan 200sx as a project car. But I do like the idea of an i10 that can pretty much beat a sports car. I saw some videos of people fitting a motorcycle engine to a smart. So can maybe work for added power.

you can put an rb26 in a 200sx and then power will only be limited by your wallett.
The Problem with making an i10 (or similar) fast is that the rest of the car wont take the power without throwing money at it.
with a 200sx pretty much all upgrade parts are at available (swop for GTR etc) so you can easily get ecu ,exhaust , induction brakes . suspension etc and they are available second hand.
Doing all the above on an i10 probably means custom stuff = loadsamoney

Anything can be done with enough money.
I fully applaud your desire to make a sleeper, but just how rich are you?

I second the above thoughts - start with a better car. Perhaps one that has a sporty model, get a base model and swap parts from the sporty one.

I agree totally with Lunchie and Sleeper (who is a Nissan guru) as with the 200sx there are just so many options with motors and suspension aftermarket parts plus being able to upgrade the driveline with a Skyline or GTR motor, gearbox, x member and diff.

300zx gearboxes will also fit and are way stronger than the SR'S 5 or 6 speed boxes.

There are cars which lend themselves being a "sleeper" - possibly my favourite topic . :D
What you want is a car that looks mundane but has a decent powertrain.
I am of course completely biased but estates are good potential sleepers .
You want one which has a tunable motor because engine swops are either grief or £££s and usually both.
With a limited budget Id go for a volvo because I doubt you will find a nissan stagea . For me they are the ultimate sleeper because they look about as far away from anything sporty you can get but are in fact the exact opposite.
Shame you are not in the uk as they are not too hard to find here.

Hi there, i'm using Hyundai i10 1.1L Epsilon, anyone know how to tune up a bit this engine?I've been using my car for 10 years now, the engine have some problem, one of that is the engine oil kept reducing (weekly i need to topup the oil), i have done changing the flywheel oil seal. No leakage sign at the floor after that, but still need to topup engine oil. The exhaust shows no color changing, no white/blue/black color smoke. Any suggestion? should i go for engine swapping (Hyundai Getz 1.4 G4EE) or (Hyundai i10 1.2L Kappa II i4)//any one experienced those engine? Any pros/cons?