How bad are the roads near you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the roads like in your area?

Deal in Kent.
Mine are pretty bad, lots of potholes and loads of weeds and things growing at the sides. There are also areas prone to flooding and heavy surface water due to a lack of proper drainage.

Traffic wise things are usually pretty good, there are some pinch points, usually in the town where the traffic lights are but other than that it flows quite well.

What about in your area?

Roads around my address are terrible. I'm pretty sure they have contributed to my suspension woes :( (plus the minimum 3 speed bumps to get into my driveway).

Around Bournemouth town itself the roads are ok. The council does a good job of maintaining the bus route roads. It's the side roads and suburbs that suffer.
However it has been very much in the local news that the council have been given a lot of money to repair roads. Should soon have good roads in Bournemouth. Just in time for when I move house to the neighbouring town of Poole :rofl:

Speed bumps, traffic lights, potholes, dozey school run "drivers" and generally very badly maintained. Why do we pay road tax?