Torque Cars

Hot 944

Discussion in 'Porsche Forums' started by wigguy1, 13 April 2013.

1. wigguy1

wigguy1 Wrench Pro

holden, mo.,USA
    Car:
    84,944porsche,400hp
    I got word today that my 84, 944 will be completed 4/20/13. Around the 1st of May I'll head to Florida to pick it up. Ann will drive the van and I'll break in the 944 on the way home. We've got a tow rig on the van in case we need it, but I'm an optimist, we won't need it.
    This is an 84, 944, n/a 160hp converted with an 86 turbo, built to be competitive with GT2 and GT3 race cars, only on pump gas. Won't know the actual HP untill it gets dynoed but it's going to be between 350+ and 400-.

When I get it picked up I'll get the paper work telling all the modifications built into the engine. Then I'll get back to you with the build info.

I AM SOOO WIRED!!!!! Soon the "old man" will be snacking on Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers. What fun! :bigsmile: :lol: :D

2. HugoBoss

HugoBoss The Torque Meister

Australia NSW
    Car:
    r33 skyline gtst
    Awesome matey, can't wait for the phodies, sounds like a killer.

3. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    Nice one. Do be careful though my '44t would let go very very easily running that power level. Being only 1300 kilos it will spin the rears in 1st, 2nd + 3rd and when you least expect it! I'll be interested to see what suspension/drive changes made to contain that power. Keep us updated

4. wigguy1

wigguy1 Wrench Pro

holden, mo.,USA
    Car:
    84,944porsche,400hp
    I've already talked to several guys who told me to watch driving sideways down a straight road.
    The 84 is already lighter and I'm shooting for 1100kg. That should bring me down to between 2.75 and 3.1 lbs per hp. I may have to put a fat friend under the rear glass for traction.

5. wigguy1

wigguy1 Wrench Pro

holden, mo.,USA
    Car:
    84,944porsche,400hp
    Sorry about that. That is per kg not per lbs. God, that would be a Veyron with Porsche wheels!

6. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    Yep it will fishtail in a straight line quite easily '»»~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :-O ' change my trousers please ;)