Hot 944 again

wigguy1

Wrench Pro
Car
84,944porsche,400hp
I am still waiting for my car to be done. We were in Florida 2 weeks ago and stopped by the builders shop and while not ready to send home it was ready to test drive.
When he started I told him to build it like he would his own, as part of that he ordered a special ECU set up and it wasn't working the way he wanted so it was sent back to Calif after the drive.
I did the drive with this remapped ECU but only 5 lb. of boost. I as amazed! At 5 lb. it was faster than anything I've driven in years. 100 mph came up as fast as I could shift. It reved so fast I hit the limiter every time and I NEVER DO THAT!!
It also ended up with a beefed up 91s trans because of mounting problems with the regular turbo trans into the 84 chassis. Apparently the 91 bolted right up.
I can't wait until it's pulling 15 lb.of boost. Albert told me this car would be the equivalent of a GT3 race car on the street.
In the past I've driven an A Gasser and never been afraid of the speed but this short wheelbase toy car might do it for me.

:lol::blink::lol::blink:

I'm keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you that this all goes well. My 944T SE was running 330hp and that torquey engine was scary enough as it was very twitchy even with a LSD. Take it easy bud as Porsche only made 4 very powerful turbocharged 968s for a reason ;)

I appreciate the thoughts guys. With any luck everything will be OK, I've owned several very fast cars but never wrecked any of them. Plus I am probably one of the oldest guys on this site and I didn't get this old by being silly.
I can't wait for my first track day. I've raced nearly every kind of motorcycle race except Grand Prix with a methane Jawa and drag raced bikes and cars, but I don't know if anything I've learned on bikes will transfer to auto tracks. They tell me that on the first track day you get some training so that is what I want. I know I'll never find the cars limits but I figure I will find mine pretty quick.

Sure you'll be fine probably just me and my experience. At speed its epic its the slow speed stuff like pulling out of junctions or booting it out of slow corners that it can snap in an instant as I found out :/