Honda Prelude bodykit

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Here are some photos of a Honda Prelude show car with a full organic bodykit and alloy wheels. The car has been finished off in a greenish flip paint effect. The clear rear lights and alloy wheels, along with the massive in your face rear spoiler finish off this Prelude nicely. I shudder to think [...]
More...

What do you think of this then? Is this your thing?

I really like the front + sideskirts!

If you are going for the real street race look then IMO you can't go wrong with that. But a kit like that will only be as good as the performance of the car, to do it any justice you'll have to spend loads on tuning + suspension too. But hey, at least you have an excuse too now!! LOL:blink1::lol:

have to say slap the owner for that dam spoiler, and on a FWD no less, slap em double hard

I was just going to say the same thing but then I remembered that I did the same thing...:blink:

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture3757-dvc00504.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture3756-dvc00498.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture3755-dvc00505.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture3758-dvc00502.jpg

I can think of several FWD cars that have Huge rear spoilers fitted by the manufacturers & tuning companies...Integra type R, JUN modified prelude, focus RS etc. Why do you suppose that is?

I can think of several FWD cars that have Huge rear spoilers fitted by the manufacturers & tuning companies...Integra type R, JUN modified prelude, focus RS etc. Why do you suppose that is?

Rear wings are used on RWD cars to give downforce over the drive wheels. On a front wheel drive car they are pointless as they serve no actual function other than adding weight. Manufacturers usually fit them for looks when it comes to FWD.

That 'lude above would look so much better without one (as will the 'lude you are restoring).

If you want a more technical explanation then OG will be happy to give you one I'm sure.

Prince, are you saying that looks are not important for FWD cars too?

Function over form mate.

If it's ruins performance (in this case it is less aerodynamic and adds weight) then don't fit it imo. Looks are important but function is more important. Let's be honest, when you're on a twisty road and having fun you don't care what the car looks like (unless it's pink :lol:).

I am the biggest prelude fan! but that show car posted by wayne is completely over the top.

I just realized this thread is a century old...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rear wings are used on RWD cars to give downforce over the drive wheels. On a front wheel drive car they are pointless as they serve no actual function other than adding weight. QUOTE]

Why do you suppose it is Prince that WTC cars (FWD one's) have huge spoilers fitted? Huh? Get out of that one sonny!!:p:p

Oh my got I just realised its the same kit on My new Lude...

moddeduk1-2006-239.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4422-20120828-002.jpg

Even the shut line in the centre is too wide

Last edited:
Simple. Straight line stability.

Not totally useless then huh?:p:p:p:p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for FWD here! I think FWD was invented for p??????'s & most of all to make cars cheaper for all...which makes them p??????'s cars!

Prelude being an acception co's it has 4WS:blink1:

Last edited:
^^ Really! Well I have a FWD car which has 602 BHP and 100 BHP of Nitrous on top! Plus I tip the scales at 17st 10lbs with big arms and have been known to have an attitude problem! I look forward to meeting you one day JC for a chat about FWD cars and their drivers!

Last edited:
Not totally useless then huh?:p:p:p:p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for FWD here! I think FWD was invented for p??????'s & most of all to make cars cheaper for all...which makes them p??????'s cars!

Prelude being an acception co's it has 4WS:blink1:

how does that make a difference ?