honda airwave

firedyno

help needed!
i wish to change an open-port filter for my airwave.. plus an 2 exhaust out-let... will all this combination reduce the booast of the car or will booast up more?... anyone got advise on airwave can advise me too... tks tks..

exhaust outlet - if you are just fitting the trim then there will be no difference at all. if your changing the back box then you will have a change in tone but not power.

open port filter - do you mean an induction kit ? if so you may gain alittle power 2-3hp as youll be sucking in the warm air from around the engine. going for a full cold air intake will may give slightly bette gains.
what engine is in the airwave as honda generally flow pretty well as standard ?

oh.. tks tks.. that means its better i attach an extend of the in-take piping nearer to the front side so in order to intake more cold air-intake..

hmm.. exhaust i thot of changing the 2 way exhaust out-let... not the tip.. the tip is only abit sound... but not much booasting.. sort of change 2 real exhaust out-let and 2 fake exhaust... total will be 4 exhaust sticking out.. lols...
how do u think my design?.. :D

as for the engine.. its not thats well.. its picking up reaction is so slow like an idiot.. but when its fast, ITS UNSTOPPABLE... hee hee....

but mine is under warrenty.. i can touch engine bay first... =)
so i need some advise on which car part had to be done first considerating.. ^_^

changing the back box to a twin out let will only increse the sound. wouldnt bother with the other 2 unused ones unless your under 18 as itll be a waste of money if its not doing anything
a tip itself wont make any difference to the noise as its bolted onto the original pipe.

youd be better to change the whole exhuat if your after power - exhaust manifold, sports cat (decat if you can be bothered changing it every year for the MOT), mid section and back box.

if its unstoppable you might want to invest in some decet brakes and pads ;) NOT race pads as these need to be hot to be effective, tempretures you will only get by braking every few seconds

i mean what engine code is fitted as this will give prince more of an idea to help you with the mods

lols.. i don know about the engine code.. but i think theres only 1 type of air wave in the market right now?.. hee hee... (its not my choice of car..) i don like it.. lols.. force by daddy to drive it.. so thought of some advise to modify it.. lols.. its a gd idea to change the whole exhaust manifold.. hee hee tks.. but whats else is gd in advise to change but not touching anything parts of engine?.. hee hee.. oh.. its fast but hard to stop down by using engine braking method.. lols... i juz got it into accident due to my tyres not in grip.. lols.. and i got my bodykit smashed... =):p

heres a couple of tips then slow down and buy decent tyres
quick google turned up that its a L15A engine 1496cc (1.5) VTEC with 109bhp and 102 ftlb about 1200kgs.
CVT gearbox. this is why you dont have much engine braking as your driving a near enough automatic

to be honest mate id not bother spending much on it as your not going to get much gains. full exhaust will only give you around 5bhp and chances are the induction kit you added will actually lose power low down as the enigne is smaller. would have thought with the size of it there would be at least the 2 ltr under there if not the 2.4

so its better i remain it the same?... =( thought still can make some exhaust changes to it.. and the air in-take... so in order to booast up more bhp.. then i think air wave i juz change the bodykit and exterior design of it..
tks prince.. =) u taught me alot..

Sorry buddy, I agree with PG. The amount of money you'd have to spend on it to see some decent gains just isn't worth it. If you want more power then you'll have to go for an engine swap (including transmission).

Instead of going for more power, how about tuning the suspension?

yeah.. u all are right...
cus i cant be changing the engine due to the 2 more years of warrenty by car dealer...
tuning of suspension?..
i did thought of it.. but i think about change of bodykit first.. cus my bodykit now is currently smash... and i need to touch up all the exterior needs...
firstly i will change of body kit follow by change of larger sport rim and suspension tuning..
(suspension tuning = adjust the suspension according to the rim and car height?.. correct me if i m wrong..) =)

and i today drive my car, i feel the engine had some sort of noisy sound.. but i cant figure out whats the sound and which part is it coming from.. its get more rough than last time when i drive.. and the engine brake of it is much more than last time b4... get sort of irritated by the feeling and sound of it..

oh ya, by the way, anyone had idea for any program that i could design my car paint work for??.. i feel like re-coat it with black colour and some lighting's graphifity... is this nice design?.. :lol:

firstly i will change of body kit follow by change of larger sport rim and suspension tuning..
(suspension tuning = adjust the suspension according to the rim and car height?.. correct me if i m wrong..) =)

Suspension tuning so that the car handles better.

If you want styling tips... Post up a pic mate.