Hi

ScarySaab

Car
Saab 900se Turbo
Hi all.

Ive just bought a 1996 Saab 900SE Turbo. Ive upped the fuel pressure, redone all Boost pipes in bigger tubing and silicone connectors, installed a Unichip with a economy and race mad maps, uprated the standard Garret Turbo by approx 20% with bigger impeller wheel and bigger housing. Running approx 1.2 bar boost. What do you think i would be able to get out of it.

Does anyone else have any of these cars.

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)
Power will depend on what the Unichip (Never heard of it) is alleged to give you in 'Race Mad Map' version. Assuming the car was a 2 litre and started life at 175bhp I will take a guess at between 210 and 230bhp. I too have a SAAB but a 2003 9-3 Aero Sports Saloon modified here and there, it puts a smile on my face :)

Hello and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Not a fan of chips and would recommend an aftermarket computer such as Motec,Haltec,Link ETC for a better result as they can be tuned/mapped when you decide that the car is getting slow after a wile. That does happen as I have "been there done that"

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back