hi, i've gotta crx del-sol

fdf

Car
1.6L ESi
hi everybody, this is my first post. i've got a honda del-sol but it's a bit crumpled from a motorway shunt. I'm going to try and replace the bent bits myself. Sounds a big-gish job but so is life itself! I wonder if there's a manual for this lovely car, somewhere on the net. bw, FF

Sir, I salute you!

I've got two cars as it happens. My other one is a Rover Cabriolet with a 1.6 dohc Honda engine and auto-transmission, circa 1993. Both of my cars will be beautiful if I can soldier through and fix 'em. But presently both are broke.

Therefore I seek wise people and wisdom. I hope understanding will guide my hands to do the work. Also I gotta chum who's even smarter than me and he might lend me a hand too, if I know what I'm trying to achieve. So, I got two cars, two problems, help advice comments and jokes all appreciated...

First... possibly a quick route to get the Rover working? It has a 'sudden-death' problem like one that I've seen discribed as well-known in relation to Hondas. It began as intermittent stalling; after a rest the motor could be re-started. But the stalling soon became chronic and now it won't start at all. Apparently somewhere there's a main all-controlling relay, that is supposed to operate after turning-on the ignition-key and and after the dashboard 'engine-check' red-light turns off. Apparently this 'main-relay' should then send power to the petrol-pump and the distributor/coil system, but it don't, possibly due to dry joins.

Sounds logical, but where is this relay situated on the Rover? Under the bonnet but where? Can I just buy one and change it like a lightbulb? The Haynes book isn't clear or I'm not understanding it, should I get the CD-manual?

Second... a long slow job, the Honda is crumpled at the front, I'm going looking for breakers' headlamps, bonnet, wings, I'm hoping it all unbolts and can be simply replaced, I'm in need of experienced or wise words, any comments welcome...

best wishes
Francis

May I as the site admin wish you a belated but very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back