Torque Cars

Hi I have just Joined and would like to stay hi to all porsche nutters

Discussion in 'Porsche Forums' started by colinbm, 4 January 2019.

1. colinbm

colinbm Newbie

essex
    Car:
    986 porsche
    Has anyone fitted twin turbos to a 2.5 986

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hello and a warm welcome to the site. It's good to have you with us and the project sounds good.

Are you doing inline or parallel turbos?

Have you looked at a single twin scroll turbo option? Low boost will be good but there is plenty of top end power.

3. colinbm

colinbm Newbie

essex
    Car:
    986 porsche
    My Thoughts are twin hybrids one each side but not right next to the exhaust manifold, remote positions near new 200 cell cats, decompress engine and beef up the right parts, new twin intercoolers in the boot space at rear with heat fans expelling between or over the intercoolers.air Intakes will be similar to GT2 . However this is the future plans I will take a bit of time this year to enjoy the car in its new body and paint. Must stress I am not an expert and this is the result of asking people.

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    That sounds like a pretty solid plan to me. What is your power goal?

Do these have direct injection as this will help you avoid detonation at boost?

I hope you post up some pics and create a project thread for us once you get past the 10 post threshold. I think you'll inspire others to push their Porsche boundaries.