Hi from Ct...91 miata ...done some tinkering lately...

Obie

Car
1991 miata
Changed out lower ball joints to extended for more camber in front ..running 205/45/16's on car on original springs with koni's...changed bars to larger...got alignment set to -2 degrees camber front and back...0 toe or as close to that as can get...installed ARP longer wheel studs...new tie rod ends..changed MAF to 88 rx-7 and install JR cold air intake,with 25 ohm soldered in (hi kick racing),changed diff to a 2005 tuguchi-fugi rear 4.10 axles and driveshaft...doing seats over in a durable cheap cover..changed brakes to 94 upgrade...front and rear...just getting started...

For what it's worth, keep the camber per specs or you'll ruin your tires (assuming you are daily driving). I just had to throw away 2 expensive Bridgestone RE71 tires from the front of my '91 due to too much negative camber......

What are your long term plans on this?

You're spot on about negative camber, it does help cornering but cuts tyre life in half (at best).

Are you running a torque sensing differential?

A tuguchi fugi rear off a 2005 miata 4:10 gearing...long term plans none but enjoy summer driving with top down...make it handle and drive the best that I can and invest as little $ as possible...bought it new in 91, purchase used hard top along the way...26 years later it's still running strong....Fun thing about miata, still learning things about car I never knew...cams cooling tips..maf, etc...always tinkering to make it go faster...safer...zoom zoom.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back