Hey guys

Jason66

Car
audi TT roadster
I am Jason and have an audi tt roadster, a 2004 model, and just wanted to know what was the best tuning box to use on this. i really wanted to get better economy and have performance as a second benefit. I did not want to spend the earth either. Also does it help any to put a k&n air filter on?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jason, why do a Tuning box? A remap or switchable map offers the best solution really. On a petrol extra economy is negligible anyway.

My tips for better economy in the Audi petrol engines....

Buy yourself a can of BG44K, fill your tank with Shell Vpower and go for a spirited drive every few days. You should see the economy figures pick up after this. The injectors and engine will benefit from a good clean out.

A K&N panel air filter will give a few more MPG's - it worked well in my 2.0TFSi and 1.8T engines, leaving them feeling smoother and more responsive. Don't bother with a full induction kit though.

If you get the car remapped for economy only you'll only see around 4-5 mpg improvement, similar to fully inflating the tyres or turning of the air conditioning.

Most economy depends on your driving style. My 220BHP A4 quattro gave me a max of 37mpg and averaged out at around 33mpg. If I drove it hard I could knock at least 25% off these figures.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back