Hey Everybody!

Repto

Car
Firebird 3.8L V6
In my search for upgrades and something to tell me what to upgrade, I've discovred this wonderful site.
Looked around for about an hour before signing up and I love it already!!

But down to half of why I'm here, I am in the process of receiving an 1998 Pontiac Firebird with the basic 3.8L V6 inside of it, and that's not enough for me.
I've looked on one website and I've found turbo upgrades, the V8 upgrade and so much more.
It all is pricy, but looks worth it. My only problem, what exactly should I upgrade? Of course I'm looking to build an extremely fast car from that and if it takes a couple years, that's perfectly fine. But my goal is to make it a 10 second car (much like one of the articles I read on this website was describing) and I'd love any help/tips/ideas on what I need to start dropping money on to make it achieve that goal.
Thanks!

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum buddy :)

Your car model is not one of my specialities I'm afraid, we do have some marvellous guys on here who should be able to advise ;)

Hi and welcome

A 10 second Pontiac? That will be pretty impressive.

On slicks or treaded tyres?

Manual or auto?

Standard car weight or lightened?

I assume V8 N/A on carbs?

Impressive is the goal my friend(;

Of course it's treads but I'm looking for a certain tire, I've been told there are tires with one tread going through the middle. I'll use those if they exist

Manual transmission, so I get the fun to learn that.

Slightly lightened, I have received the car and I currently am removing anything that doesn't have to do with the car moving or any other luxury, swapping seats and all that as well as looking for carbon fiber/fiber glass upgrades for it.

And I am looking into a new V8 to put in it because right now it's only at a V6, hence why the car was cheaper than its V8 cousin. But you lost me, what do you mean by N/A on carbs? Sorry, never heard that before.

Hello and a warm but belated (very sorry for my delay) welcome from me the site admin, really good to have you along.

I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we do. Please get involved in our many discussions and topics, we love to hear peoples opinions and questions.

You'll never have enough power, a fact we've all discovered on here!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back