Hey Everybody, just starting out and looking for help

drew44556

Car
2000Honda Accord LX
Alright so i am very new to all this. I have a 2000 Honda Accord LX( manual 2.3 liter 4cyl engine) with about 230000 miles on it. It was my first car and id really like to put some work into it. I have no idea where to start, what parts i should look at replacing, or what modifications i can put on the car after I do. Any help i can get on the money this will cost, the parts i will need, and how much power i can realistically put in this car, would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Looking at the mileage you'd best start with cleaning up the engine internals. BG44k is pretty effective at this, see the link on the right on our main pages for more details of this.

Make sure the car is serviced and running at peak efficiency.

Performance mods you need to think about are a fast road cam, porting and polishing the head, uprating the injectors, sports exhausts and sports catalyst. Induction kit's won't make much difference at all on these engines unfortunately.

Nice car!! 230,000 is no problem for a Honda engine provided it's well serviced. They seem to thrive on revs, too. In fact they're better for being driven 'purposefully'.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back